Chapter 19 - Almost Better

It's a brand new day in the Carson household. Ariel wakes up with the sun shining through the window of the living room. The first thing she does is cook breakfast for Paul. She smiles to herself knowing that today is the last day he takes it easy after fainting. When she brings up his breakfast, he's wide awake and greets her with a smile.

"Hey, you!" Ariel said. She gives Paul his breakfast and kisses him on his forehead. "You look a lot better than you did yesterday." She said. "That's because I slept better." Said Paul. "Let me take your temperature just one more time." Said Ariel. She goes into the bathroom and grabs the thermometer. Afterwards, she walks back to Paul in her room and puts it in his mouth. After it beeps, Ariel checks what it says. She smiles after seeing the results.

"Great news, Paul! You no longer have a fever!" She says excitedly. Paul smiles and wraps her up into a hug. "And just think, you'll be fully recovered after today!" Ariel said. "I can't wait for our date nights again!" Said Paul. Yet another knock on the door occurs again. "I wonder who that could be this time." Ariel wondered. She goes downstairs to answer the door. When she opens it, she's greeted by Ringo.

"Hey, Ariel." He said. "Ah, Ringo! How nice of you to drop by!" Ariel said. She gives Ringo a hug. "Right this way." She said as Ringo enters the house. "Natalie told me what happened to Paul a few days ago." He said. "She did, huh?" Asked Ariel. Ringo nods. "How's it going between you and her?" Ariel asks. "Oh, our relationship is so magical! She picks out the best places for when we go out!" Ringo said. "Anyway, how's Paul today?" He asks. "So much better than he was yesterday." Ariel said.

"How so?" Asked Ringo. "Well, he was extremely pale, his eyes were droopy and bloodshot, there were dark circles underneath them, he was very sweaty, and his cheeks were damp since he was pretty much crying in his sleep." Ariel explains. Ringo's eyes grow wide. "Gee! That's pretty serious if you ask me." He said. "He even had a fever. But the worst part was that he didn't get enough sleep." Said Ariel.

"Did he say why he didn't sleep well the night before?" Ringo asked. "Well, I've been sleeping on the couch for a few days now. And he said that he felt lonely without me sleeping next to him." Ariel said. "Awww." Said Ringo. "If you wanna see him, he's awake right now." Said Ariel. "I would, actually." Ringo said. "Great! Follow me upstairs." Ariel said as she takes Ringo up to her room. She pokes her head in and Paul looks at her.

"Ringo's here." She said. "Oh, nice. Come on in." Paul said. Ringo enters the room. "Hello, Paul." He said. "I was hoping I'd see you at some point, Ringo." Said Paul. "So, your recovery is coming along okay?" Ringo asks. "It certainly is. As long as I don't do anything with too much excitement, then I'll be fine." Paul said. "You'll be back at the studio soon, won't you? We miss you down there." Said Ringo. "Of course I will. Besides, I'll never give up on my dream of making music." Paul says.

Ringo smiles. He and Paul continue their conversation for a few more minutes until it's time for Ringo to leave. "It sure was nice to see you again, Ringo." Said Ariel. "Same with you, Ariel. And, Paul, we hope to see you up and running again soon." Said Ringo. "I will be, after today." Said Paul. Ariel gives Ringo a hug goodbye and he leaves. Ariel walks over to Paul and strokes his hair.

"I'm so glad that you'll be back to yourself tomorrow." She said with a smile. "Me too, love. Me too." Paul said as he smiles back. "And tonight's my last night sleeping on the couch." Ariel said. "I'm so happy!" Said Paul excitedly. A sudden rush of blood goes through his head causing him to fall back. Ariel catches him before his head hits the bed board. "Careful, Paulie. Not too much excitement, remember?" She said. "Sorry. I just miss you sleeping next to me." Paul said. "I know how you feel. But I'm sure you can survive one more night." Said Ariel. She and Paul smile at each other and hug.

About an hour later, Ariel makes some soup for Paul. Her parents approach her while she's busy. "You're doing an excellent job of taking care of Paul, Ariel." Sylvia said. "We'll definitely make sure he takes care of you whenever you're sick." Warren said. "Thanks you two. I'm just really glad he'll be fully recovered after today." Said Ariel. "We're glad too, honey." Said Warren. "Anyway, we'll let you get back to what you're doing." Said Sylvia. Ariel nods and continues to make the soup.

She brings it to Paul after she finished. "I overheard your parents downstairs." He said. "Yeah? Which part?" Ariel asked. "The part when they said that I should take care of you whenever you're sick." Said Paul. "And?" Said Ariel. Paul caresses her face. "I'd be more than happy to do that." He said. After a while, he finishes his soup and Ariel washes the bowl.

When it was time for bed, Ariel gets herself ready and prepares for her last night sleeping on the couch. Since the next day, she'll be sleeping in her own bed next to the man she loves.