❯ 𝙾𝟿

📟

"loser!"

i let out a sound of pain as i landed on the ground.
i glared at the older kids who pushed me and they laughed at me instead.
"is little minho getting angry? pathetic! you're nothing! you're worthless!"

isn't that the reason we are all left behind here?

i felt my blood boil with anger and they went uneasy under my stare. my fist balled and i jumped up and punched the one in the center on the face.
i didn't care if they were older or bigger than me, i've had enough of them making my life more hell than it already is.

i kicked the other one while the one i just punched was on the ground and angrily cursing at me. the last one stopped me and the one i just kicked punched me in the guts, i felt my stomach get queasy and my ribs in pain.

i coughed up blood feeling dizzy.
"hey!"
i can hear a girl call and suddenly they let go of me.

i didn't know what she did but i heard some grunts and cursing and maybe a few bones cracking but at least they ran away.
the girl helped me up and threw me over her shoulder to take me to the orphanage's clinic.

i got nursed up and left the clinic when i saw her leaning beside the door.
"uh.... h-hey, thanks for um, saving me."

she looked at me for a long time which i felt uneasy about till she smirked.
"i don't usually 'help' but it seemed like you needed it plus those overgrown frog looking bullies were getting up to my nerves."
she grumbled and honestly i felt scared. even more scary, i actually fought them which isn't what my mom taught me. she said i should always stay away from violence.

the girl walked up to me and smiled, extending out her hand to me.
"i'm jeon soyeon, how about you?"

"i'm lee minho, it's nice to meet you."
i smiled and her lips curled to the side a bit.

she walked off and since i have nothing much to do, i followed her.
"i don't make friends lee, so you can go run along or something."
she said and i pouted.

"i don't have friends anyway, plus i have nothing to do so— hey what are we doing here?"
i asked when she stopped at the abandoned area of the orphanage. this place give me the creeps.

"tch, coward."

"i am not a coward! i'm simply.... creeped out about this place."

"what are you, five?"

"i'm actually thirteen now thank you very much."
i crossed my arms as she laughed at me.
"funny, we're the same age. by the way, you weren't a bad fighter a while ago. you seem like a good boy."

"i AM a good boy, i just didn't have enough control a while back that i started to fight them. my mom told me to never fight others or else i might get hurt now look at what happened to me."
i pointed to the bandage on the side of my lip and soyeon looked at me in disbelief.

"you're so naive. leave your parents in the past. they left us now remember? you've only lived here for a month and still you haven't learned your lesson, well."
she started to walk away.

"jokes on you lee, get rid of that innocence or else you won't survive it here."
she said, her voice trailing off as she left me in the creepy abandoned area.

now i got the slightest hint of why soyeon hangs around in here, this place was abandoned just like us. she was right.

i'm being naive.

i clenched my fists and ran after her, after sighting her long light brown hair, i attacked her all of the sudden and she was taken aback while she blocked me.

we faught for a while and for those moments i felt free letting go of all anger, i flipped her to the ground with a glare.
"don't underestimate me jeon....."
i told her with a grumble.

"i'm not that different from you."

"i.... you.... you don't know what i've been through...."
i didn't know what happened next but suddenly soyeon looked at me weirdly from the ground.
i offered her a hand but she neglected even though i said sorry.
"like you said i don't know anything here, you have to teach me."

"are you stupid? no way!"
she said with a disgusted face.
"fucking hate boys."

"wow, r00d."

"okay fine, just for a week i'll have you as a partner around here but you have to follow everything i say."
she told me with an angry face which i just offended by grinning happily.

"why a partner when we can be friends!"

"hell no—"

"come on new friend soyeon! you have a lot to teach me!"

"lee let go of me ugh!"
i dragged her to the orphanage happily skipping around.

= • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • =

𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝙾𝙾𝟿𝟸𝙾