❯ 𝟷𝟸

📟

three days have passed and they still kept me in this little cell.
they dragged us into a small village like area with criminals and youth training to be fugitives, they were one of the enemies of spies and somehow they might've seen me as a threat that they locked me up here.

soyeon visits me from time to time, trying to talk them out getting me out of here but the man couldn't stop staring at me like i was something disgusting or dangerous.
there was a trainer here, his name was kim namjoon and he was one of the best and dangerous people around here.

he was nice to me whenever he visits to give me food, he overheard them talking and calling me a "gem". which i got confused of.

namjoon hyung said when he saw me the first day they made us fight some kids our age or some probably older. he told me i was different and i was dangerous. i don't know why, i was skinny, shorter than some and weak. how am i dangerous? i can't even live a day without soyeon's guidance.

still, the conversation i overheard didn't keep me at peace. specially if they planned to make me a bad person than what i already am.

he said they wanted to see my full potential and use it as their weapon, that my skills were a treasure. but if i counter their plans, i would be a great threat.
again they're so confusing smh they need to chill.

i can sense soyeon's presence, being in the four corners of the cell alone and quiet i was able to be a bit more intact with my prediction skills.
i lifted my head up as i was hugging my knees and saw her from the other side of the rails and she sat down with a small smile.

"how are you doing in here? it's been three days they locked you up for no reason. i'm getting there, i'll get you out here i promise."
she said and i went and sat in front of her.
i took out a small cupcake with a candle i asked namjoon hyung to buy for me which he gladly agreed and i lit up the candle.
"happy birthday!"
i grinned and presented soyeon the cupcake which she stared at for a few seconds before grinning of happiness.

"i-i.... thank you."
she smiled and took the cupcake, she blew and we shared it.
"you're sixteen now! damn you're really getting old— oW!"

she slapped me and pouted.
"you're turning sixteen soon too! anyway, i have some good news. i talked with namjoon hyung a while ago and he said they might free you tomorrow! but....."

"but?"
i asked and her lips curled, i don't have to have prediction or vision to know my best friend was hiding something from me.
"y-you have to meet up with the boss..."

"oh... what's wrong with that?"

"minho you're so stupid everything is wrong with that! he's the most dangerous man in korea! he could shoot your head off if you act like an idiot in front of him!"
she rolled her eyes on me and i giggled.
"he seems interesting."

"you're not scared at all? heck! i'm the one scared for you here! istg he's gonna interview you and if you act all dorky say bye bye to your little sorry life. i swear minho if you don't come out his office alive—"

"okay! okay! i get it! you're worried, but soyeon if they see me as something they can get use off of they won't kill me that easily..... right?"
she made her arm go through the railings and flicked my forehead.
"remind me to whoop your ass once you get out, but seriously minho, this place.... it's not something taken as a joke. these are real criminals and they'd force us to be like them. i-i don't know...."

i thought for a moment, soyeon feels guilty she got us into this confusing mess but in all honesty this place seems better than the orphanage. as soyeon says we're getting older and we need to take care of ourselves now.