❯ 𝟷𝟷

📟

there was a fight going on in the farthest part of this place where we were kept away from the guidance's sight.
soyeon watched the entire thing with her arms crossed and i stood behind her while watching.

she suddenly turned her back and started to walk away, i followed her when i noticed a few sparks and colored smoke exploding not too far off. soyeon must've noticed too that it caught her attention.
"what's going on there?"

"how would i know?"

"let's check it out."

"soyeon we don't know— "

"we're definitely checking it out."

she ran and i followed her. it was out the perimeter of this damn orphanage, there were times when we would sneak out and explore beyond these borders, been doing that for two years now.

soyeon jumped up several objects till she reached the roof and ran and i did the same, catching up with her.
"you trying to beat me?"

"is it my fault you're getting old?"

"you're dead minho!"

i laughed as she chased me around the roofs, now i should be nervous by these kinds of things but soyeon and i did this a lot and it became our little game.
i abruptly stopped when i saw a small gathering of where the sparks came from and soyeon ran to me, hitting my back and almost causing us to fall off the roof.

"minho why'd you— oh, okay."
she glanced at the direction of where i was looking at and we paid close attention to what was going on.

"the winner of this race will get a chance to be a member of our gang. as you may know, our team is one of the well-known fugitive gang in korea, why be a spy when you can be with us? in this race you are allowed to be in pairs, in groups or just by yourself if you're a lonely ass freak. we'll take care of you once you win and decided to join us."

"hey, isn't that one of the richest man in korea?"
i asked and soyeon glanced at the man standing in the corner with shades and a suit, a lot of bodyguards were beside him and guarded the place.

"and isn't that one of the most disgusting bully groups i ever laid eyes on?"
she told me and i saw those three assholes again, tf do they think to join this little thing.

"minho, we have to join."

"soyeon what!? we don't even know if this race can kill!"

"oh come on! we lived through these areas for years! we are literally the best duo! we can win this!"
she placed an arm around me which isn't good for my case because recently i became taller than her and she's basically choking me.

"if we win, that would also mean we have to leave. i don't know if i can go out in the real world again."
i told her honestly and her face softened.

"you have me. we're not leaving each other's backs right? besides what are you gonna do? get cooped up in this place all your life? minho we're getting older, we have to come out somehow."
she told me and i hung my head low, she glanced towards the far view with a longing look in her eyes.