Chapter Six

HARRY

I woke up to the sounds of someone shuffling around and the bed moving. The smell around me was different than I was used to, but familiar all the same. My eyes blinked open and it took me a second to realize where I was. Everything came flooding back to me from the past few hours, or maybe last night. I wasn't even sure how long I had slept, but it seemed to do wonders.

I had a slight headache, but the alcohol seemed to have left my body for the most part. It's not like I had gotten completely drunk, just tipsy enough to reveal all my feelings. My eyes wander around and I see Dani putting her textbooks, notebooks, and laptop away on her desk. Her back is to me and I can't help but stare at her body all wrapped up and cozy in her sleepwear. She was always beautiful, but with a bare face and her clunky glasses she was absolutely stunning.

I think back to our conversation and am grateful that I didn't tell her exactly what I had been feeling for her, not wanting to scare her off. I smile sleepily as I remember our kiss and her shyness that came out of nowhere. Never had I felt that way with anyone before. I knew I was in deep last weekend, but this was something else.

"Well, look who finally decided to join the party." Dani teases as she notices I'm awake.

I laugh, "What time is it?"

"A little past one." She answers and I suddenly hear the music from downstairs still blaring.

I groan as I rub my face. I feel the bed dip and I look over to that Dani has laid down next to me. She faces her body towards me and examined my face, which I was sure was a little puffy from sleeping.

"Are you going to go back downstairs?" She asks in a small voice.

I turn my body over so I'm mirroring hers. I study her face to see if it showed any signs of her wanting me to leave, but I didn't find any. Her face was neutral as she waited for my answer. I decided to put the ball back in her court, "Do you want me to go back downstairs?"

She narrowed her eyes and tried to suppress a grin, but failed miserably. I knew that she knew what I had done, but I just chuckle at her expression.

She huffed when she realized I wasn't going to say anything, "You're a real pain in my ass, Curly."

I smirked at the playful tone she used, "Well?"

"Fine!" She gave dramatically exclaimed, "You can stay."

I smile widely at her and scoot a bit closer so I can rest my hand on her hip. She exhaled a breathe and I felt as if my heart could explode. It was like any and all tension had left her body when I touched her. I knew that feeling well. She gave it to me every time she looked at me.

"I never thanked you for lunch."

One of her eyebrows raised, "Harry, you don't need to thank me for giving you a handjob in the bathroom."

I laughed loudly and felt my face redden, "No, that's not what I meant. Just thank you for being there really..." I finish off awkwardly.

"Well, it is my job." She playfully answers.

I give her a look, "I just... I really needed to get away from him and you did that. Thanks for coming to find me."

I absentmindedly rubbed my thumb on the bare skin that peaked out of a hole in her old Pink Floyd shirt. Dani brought her hand up to softly caress my arm in a comforting manner. Our eyes meet and she gives me a kind smile.

"Your father has a bit of a reputation at my work. Mary's been on maternity leave for two months and he's terrorized almost every server..."

I cringed, "Yeah, that sounds like him."