Chapter Eighteen

DANI

Harry's way of calming me down was to make out with him in the driveway of his parents house.

The last few hours I had felt decently calm, but the moment we sat in the car I started to freak out again. It got worse and worse until we were parked outside his mom's large house. It was incredibly nice, a house I could only dream of. Harry had sensed my inability to move, and decided to take action by kissing me.

The moment his lips met mine, the tension erased, and I was reminded that he was there and I would be fine.

"Baby girl, as much as I would love to keep doing this, I don't think my parents would appreciate me having sex with my girlfriend in their driveway." He mumbles against my lips.

I breathe out a laugh, "What a first impression, huh?"

He grins as me, "Are you ready?"

I take a deep breath in, "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Dani, they're going to love you. Don't overthink this." He tells me.

"Sorry, it's just- I don't know... I never thought I would be meeting someone's parents."

"It's okay to be nervous, you know? I was practically shitting bricks when I first met Darla." He laughs.

"Really?" I ask, "You seemed so calm."

He shrugs, "Didn't want to seem like a total noob."

I give him a look, "Gee, thanks."

He laughs, "I'm just teasing. But we really should be heading in. My little sister keeps peeking through the curtain."

My head whips around, "Do you think she saw us making out?"

"Definitely," He says, unbuckling his seat belt, "be ready to be teased."

I groan, but follow his lead. He doesn't hesitate to take hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers, and walking us up the pathway.

It wasn't a mansion, persay, but it was the closest I had seen to one. It had a classic feel to it, brick with a touch of modern, yard most likely taken care of by hired gardeners. When we came into the neighborhood we had to check in with a security guard who recognized Harry. It was a level of rich I never thought I would associate with - or really I never thought they would associate with me.

He didn't knock on the door, opening it quickly and pulling me inside. The interior was not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be impersonal, full of art and maybe even weird sculptures, like you normally pictured a rich persons house.

Instead I was greeted by warmth. Not necessarily heat, even though it was quite toasty inside, but the feel of the place was incredibly welcoming. There were pictures all over the walls of their family and I assumed friends, shoes lining the entryway. I heard music playing down the hall, loud voices echoing.

Suddenly, a young girl, probably about thirteen, pops out of nowhere, "Are you Harry's girlfriend he keeps talking about?"

Harry rolls his eyes, but I can't help but laugh, "I sure hope so."

"Yes, Sophie, this is Dani, my girlfriend." He says, giving my hand a squeeze.

She tilts her head, studying me, "I heard him say that you were studying to be a psychologist."

It wasn't a question, but a statement. I looked at her closely, small in stature, but very confident. Her glasses took up half her face, and she looked like a cliche of that smart young girl stereotype.