Chapter Nine

DANI

I took extra special care grooming today, taking up the shower for way too long, but my excitement was growing, knowing I would get to see Harry again, and this time we wouldn't have any restrictions placed on us.

But I was also really fucking nervous.

Tonight I was meeting his friends. I immediately pictured the blonde girl I had seen around him at parties, and Harry had told me that Bishop from my psych classes was a good friend of his as well. I wanted them to like me. I wanted them to approve of me.

I was a little worried that they might've thought I was one to get in the middle of drama, since the only time any of them had really paid attention to me was when Kara tried to start a fight with me. I was also hoping she wouldn't be there. I didn't know how close she actually was with them. Both parties she had been glued to Harry's hip before I showed up.

My roommates had decided to go to a party at a frat house while Andrew told me in secret that he had a date with this mysterious girl he's been refusing to talk to me about. Currently he was in my room finishing up some homework while I was putting on my makeup. I had my outfit picked out, courtesy of Cassie, who is a little too invested in my sort-of relationship with Harry.

For the past few days all I've been thinking about was how easy it was to open up to him. How he already knows more about me than some of my closest friends, and how I'm not completely freaking out about it. I knew it was the same for him. I could tell he never really confided in any of his friends about his family problems. What I wasn't certain of was if I only really knew about it because I witnessed it first hand.

My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Harry telling me he was on his way. Since I had given him my number we had spent a lot of time texting about nonsense. We never spoke about anything too serious, reserving that for face to face, but I got a really good sense of his humor now, and I knew quite a bit about his favorite books and movies. We had also added each other on SnapChat, snapping a ridiculous amount of photos back and forth throughout the school day.

I sprayed my setting spray on my face and grabbed my outfit to change in the bathroom since Andrew refused to leave my room. Coming back in, I sat in my desk chair and perused my phone while waiting.

"Are you nervous?"

I looked up to see Andy closing his textbook and looking at me. I sigh, "Yeah, I just wish you guys would be there, you know. I've never really done this sort of thing."

"You should be grateful that Harry wil at least be there. You made him meet us by himself."

I chuckle, "That's true. I can't imagine how nerve-racking that would be. At least I sort of know Bishop."

"He's in your psych program?"

"Yep, we did a group project together last year."

My head shoots towards my door when I hear the doorbell ring, and my heart rate had picked up considerably. I hear a little laughter from Andrew and send him a look. He raises his hands up in surrender, but teases, "Do you want me to answer, so you can have your She's All That moment?"

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and head to the door, "I don't even understand that reference. Never seen the movie."

"You've never seen any movie!" Andrew calls out to me as I exit my room, but I just flip him off and head down the stairs.

When I open the door I'm met with familiar green eyes and an unruly mop of curly brown hair. I curse myself as I feel the heat rise in my face. After this past week everything has changed. We seem more serious about us, and it's making me do stupid shit like blush and get nervous when I see his name cross my screen.