Chapter Thirty-Two

DANI

It was a slow day at work. January always was after the holiday, what with people trying to save money and their New Years resolutions to lose weight. I was being cut early, which I didn't want, but there was nothing I could do about it. Mary was back from maternity leave and she needed the hours more than me.

"Hey, Dani?" The new hostess comes up right as I clock out. "There's someone here to see you."

I furrow my brows at her, and ask, "Who?"

From what the cops told me, Clint has been told by his lawyers to stay clear of the school and surrounding areas. My manager made sure that everyone knew he wasn't allowed in the building and to call the cops if he did try to enter. I told her as much as she needed to know about what happened to Mickie, and she was more than understanding.

It sucks that it took someone who had been through something similar to take it seriously. If we had had another boss, male or female, they very well could have ignored it or brushed it off. But she was spectacular about the whole thing, giving Mickie extra time off, and making us feel safe to come here. She was also okay with Harry coming in during the night shifts and sitting at the bar. She was even tempted to give him a job, but he just laughed it off.

"Some guy in an expensive looking suit?" She said unhelpfully

"Okay, I'll be up in a minute." I tell her.

She nods and heads back up to the desk. I send Harry a quick text letting him know I was off work, and that I would be home soon. He was actually at my place working on his application for a paid internship for the publishing house in the city. It was quite extensive, and I was going to help him out when I got home.

When I rounded the corner to the front, I froze when I saw who was waiting.

"Ah, Daniella, there you are." Mr. Styles said properly, "You're off work? Join me, will you?"

The last thing I would like to do right now was have lunch with Harry's dad, but I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't curious as to what he wanted. He knew I didn't take his shit, so if he tried some cliche bullshit like forcing me to break up with Harry I would laugh in his face.

"Yeah, I guess." I turn to the host, "Carly, do you mind showing Mr. Styles to table ten? I'll be there in just a minute."

Carly - instantly recognizing his name - straightens up and hides her phone away. She had been casually texting on it the entire night. I don't really blame her; the host job could be the most boring job in the world at times.

I don't wait for Mr. Styles to say anything, turning away and taking out my phone to call Harry.

"Hey, what's up?" Harry asked.

"Your dad's here, and asked me to have lunch with him." I went straight to the point.

There was a beat of silence before Harry said, "I'm sorry, but what?"

"He just showed up as I was leaving, and asked me to have lunch."

"What did you say?"

"He's waiting for me at the table right now."

"Alright, then I'll be there in about fifteen-"

"Harry, stop." I say firmly, "You don't need to come. I can handle your father."

I hear him sigh on the other end, "I just don't want him to say something-"

"Like what? He's not going to ruin our relationship, babe. Hate to break it to you, but you're stuck with me."