Chapter Seven

DANI

I couldn't stop smiling.

I had probably the most lucrative shift at work ever today, probably due to the fact that I had never been happier at work. Everyone seemed to notice my abnormally great mood. It wasn't like I wasn't ever in a good mood when I was working, but I had never 'glowed' as the bartender put it. She kept making little comments about it every time I came up to get my drinks, making me roll my eyes and laugh. Mickie had been badgering me all night, but I could tell she knew this had to do with Harry.

Harry.

My mind kept going back to him. It was the strangest feeling ever to have my entire being taken up by someone else. Never had I slept with the same guy twice. Never had I experienced such a powerful orgasm. Never had I looked for hours for a guy at a party. Never had I fallen asleep thinking about a guy. And never have I ever woken up next to a man.

All of this was new to me, but I found myself not talking me out of it. It was like being around him, being with him, was the most natural thing in the entire world. I craved his touch. I melted into his embrace. I felt the need to know him on such a personal level, one that I had never felt before.

Waking up wrapped in Harry's arms was like a dream. Somehow in our sleep we had moved around so he was spooning me from behind, our legs intertwined and blanket half off us. I typically get really cold at night, but his body heat kept me sufficiently happy. I almost wanted to call in sick and wait for him to wake up so I could kiss him again, but I needed the money badly.

As I had gotten ready, Harry had been out like a log. His face was serene and his lips looked so soft and kissable. I had actually scared myself with how much I had fallen for him in the three weeks we had known each other. I was pretty sure he felt the same, but there was a part of me that was worried I had fabricated this whole thing in my head. That maybe he just enjoyed the sex, and all the looks and soft touches and kind words were part of a game.

I was too much of a coward to ask him though, that was for sure.

"Dani, you still okay to give me a ride home?"

I look over to see Mickie walking towards me, apron off and pulling the ponytail on the top of her head down.

"You know you can stop asking me that. I've been driving your ass home for two years now."

She snickered, "Thank you, my love."

I breathe out a laugh, "Shut up."

We both wave goodbye to our coworkers and make our way to my car. I could practically feel the curiosity radiating off of her and waited patiently for her to ask the question that's been on her mind all day.

It wasn't until we were in my car and pulling out of the parking lot that she asked with a cheeky smirk, "So, how's Harry?"

I give her an amused look and she bursts out laughing, "Oh come on! It's obvious this has everything to do with that curly haired sex god."

"Why does everyone call him that?"

She rolls her eyes at me, "Maybe because you make him sound like he is one."

"Oh yeah? And how is it obvious that this is about Harry?" I ask her with raised eyebrows.

"Because I've only ever seen you like this a few times and it's always after something has happened with him. You've got this look in your eyes and your smile is different." She says matter-of-factly.

I look at her completely confused, "What does that even mean? How is my smile any different?"

She shrugs, "It just is. Now spill, bitch."