Chapter Fifteen

DANI

He had me trapped against a wall, Harry's hands holding my body gently as the party happened around us.

It had been a week since we made it official, and we couldn't spend more than one night away from each other. He had taken up meeting me outside my class, holding my hand as we made our way through the cold and crowd. It was now a fact around campus that we were together, neither of us bothering to hide our affection in front of people.

I was grateful no one bothered us. We would only get a few moments to ourselves before Andrew arrived with Juliet. He was nervous about introducing us, but I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that she seemed so flighty about being together.

Harry was telling me some stupid jokes, either making me roll my eyes or genuinely laugh. My finger had found itself playing with the ring dangling on his necklace, a habit I had picked up this last week since he told me what it meant.

The ring slips down to my knuckles on my pointer finger. My eyes gaze at the intricately made gold ring. I knew it was solid gold. I could practically feel the importance of it on my skin.

My cheek rested against his chest as we lay together, both still recovering from what just happened. Harry and I had made love for the first time, that was clear. It was the most intimate moment of my life, and I was sure Harry felt the same.

After he had cleaned me up, he crawled on top of me, and kissed me so passionately I thought I might actually pass out. The look in his eyes when he pulled away, hands on either side of my head, his curly hair dangling over me. It all felt so intense, like Harry had been trying to tell me something.

He had laid down slowly on his side, so I had followed his lead and turned to him. My hand gravitated towards his cheek while his found my naked hip.

"It was always going to be you." He says quietly.

My gaze lifts from his lips to his eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I think we were always meant to be." He says quietly, "You know, I can remember the first time I saw you? I never understood why you always stayed so... prevalent in my mind. Whenever I saw you at a party my eyes couldn't leave you. I didn't get it. I brushed it off. Just figured it was because you were so beautiful, or that you were always just out of reach. But now... now I think it was always you. I remember how confident you were when you strolled up to some guy, and I thought to myself "I want that to be me". You had on a sundress, and it was February, but you didn't seem to care. Your hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and you looked so innocent. I shouldn't have remembered so clearly, but I did."

My heart swelled at his confession. A smile twists on my still pleasure-filled face, "I remember the first time I saw you too."

"Really?" The hope in his eyes did things to my heart I couldn't even describe.

I nod, "It was the first week of school our Freshman year. It was my first party ever, and I was freaking out. I had somehow convinced myself to try and make-out with someone." Harry laughed at my expression, and pulled me with him as he laid on his back, my body tucked firmly into his side, legs entangled. "I wanted to see if I could do it without completely freaking out or having a panic attack, and you were leaning against a wall just watching the crowd. You looked... nice, kind. I don't remember exactly what you were wearing," She teases me, "but I did start to walk over to you."

"What happened?" He asks.

"I think a girl came up to you? It could've even been Sammy, but I immediately backed off taking it as a sign."