Chapter One: The Night

-----

-----

THIRD PERSON

"Yuri! Can you just please send me your freaking location right now? I've been worrying too much already and I don't know what I can do about it!" Nayeon, scolded as she talks on the other side of the phone.

"Hey, I told you I'm okay. Promise, i-i'm fine. You don't have to worry." Yuri answered as she closes her eyes little by little as her head started to feel lighter. It must be the alcohol starting to go up to her head since she drank a lot already.

"What do you mean you're okay? You just drunk called me, yuri. How do you want me to react? Do you want me to laugh or something? Seriously, just go home now." Worry is bare in Nayeon's voice. Yuri is her best friend and she can't help but worry about her situation right now.

"Nayeonnie! I told you, I'm okay. Promise!" Yuri insisted.

"Can you at least tell me what happened? You're not usually like that so I'm guessing something must have happened."

Yuri let out a heavy sigh before she started telling nayeon what happened.

"Well you see, I just found out that wooseok has a fiance already. And guess what? They even announced it on national TV! Damn! I know that I should not be reacting like this since in the first place, I never told him how I really felt and second, I don't even have any rights when it comes to him. He barely knew me at all!"

"Oh, so that's what happened," Nayeon whispered to herself as she started sympathizing with her friend.

She knew how important wooseok is for yuri. For the past years that yuri admired wooseok from afar, she remained silent about what she knew given that this is also what yuri wanted. But for those years, she became a witness on how yuri sacrificed and did numerous favors for wooseok without even expecting anything in return. She loved him like that.

There were even instances that yuri had to face several people who hold grudges towards wooseok just to prevent them from coming at him. With wooseok's popularity and all, it is quite normal for people to be jealous and envious of him and as for yuri, she did everything she can just to protect him from those people who tried to hurt him. And again, she did it without getting anything in return.

To see wooseok living his life happily and peacefully is enough for her.

"To be honest, I don't know who's the lucky girl who would get to spend her life with wooseok. But I'm pretty sure that she's a fine woman and from a wealthy family as well. Smart, clever and is dignified just like wooseok." Yuri stated in a sarcastic tone as she hit the table with her clenched fist. Her voice sounds melancholic and the situation is enough to tell the reason why.