Chapter Eight: Eavesdropped

---

---

KIM WOOSEOK

"Wooseok! Where were you yesterday? You didn't come back since lunch."

I was walking to my first class when eunbi suddenly approached me from behind. She's panting as if she ran after me.

"I just went somewhere," I answered. I can't tell her that I actually went out with yuri because for sure, that will affect everything. Trust me, I'm starting to set things straight and I don't want to mess everything with just a single move.

"Somewhere? Is it somewhere with that yuri girl again?" 

I sighed in disappointment. As much as I want to tell eunbi about yuri, I just can't. Maybe soon, but not right now. Things are not fine yet and exposing everything will just mess everything up. I don't want to hide yuri from the shadows all the time since it makes me feel bad. She doesn't deserve this at all.

"Why do you always have to mention yuri at every move I make?"

"Why can't you just answer me and why are you so pressed?"

"Eunbi, you are pressed. Not me. Can't you just give me a break?"

I know that eunbi doesn't deserve the way I treat her either, but what else can I do? In the first place, this setup happened because their family needed it and we are their best choice since our families are good acquaintances. It is also a great opportunity for us to expand our business that's why my parents didn't even hesitate to grab the offer. 

Anyways, I'm not in favor of the idea. They can practically just create a partnership without dragging me but eunbi insisted. And my parents just agreed since they thought that once it happens, it will be a good media play. People will buzz around and the general people will get to know our company more.

"Wooseok! Why do you have to so cold-hearted? Why are you so rude to me? Why c-can't you accept me?" Eunbi held my hand and tears started to form in her eyes. Her face looks pitiful and I can't seem to look at her directly. I hate it when girls cry and more especially if I'm the reason why they're crying.

"Eunbi, we were in good terms before and you know that. We were good friends. And it all fell to ruin when you used our family's connection to push through this deal and you know I'm not in favor of this." 

Eunbi's lips started trembling. She bit her lower lip and her eyes narrowed. I can see that she's holding back her tears by looking up and that made me feel guilty even more. None the less, we were good friends way back then. Well, that's not the issue here since everyone in our industry is literally acquaintants. 

"I did that because... you know you have my heart since then. And I can be the perfect match for you. I can prove it! Just trust me, please..." 

Eunbi put both her palm together as if she's pleading and that made me ruffle my hair harshly. I'm starting to look bad by constantly turning down but what can I do? I can't constrain myself into someone I'm not into. We were friends and that's all.