Chapter Seventeen: Lockdown

---

---

THIRD PERSON

"Wooseok, I'm pretty sure you're aware of how the baby almost died. The medications induced to yuri took a toll on their health and the baby's hold isn't as strong as before. You need to take care of them even more and yuri as well, she needs to take care of herself if she wants this pregnancy to be safe."

Wooseok sighed in disappointment. He already hired a private investigator but still, no leads were made. Although there were few advancements, he finds the investigation to be going really slow. 

"Thank you, doc. I'll take note of that." The doctor left after. Wooseok and yuri's family decided to continue yuri's medication at home after what happened to the hospital. Since they can look after her even better when she stays at home.

"Baby, I'm pretty sure you've heard all that." Wooseok whispered to Yuri, who was facing the wall attempting to prevent herself from crying. What has happened in the last few days has been a huge blow to her, and she can't seem to know why someone is putting her life and her child's life at risk.

"I did. I just don't get why would someone do this..."

"I'm sorry, yuri. I'm sorry if I can't seem to take care of you... to keep you safe."

Yuri stood up and faced wooseok instantly. She held his face with her both hands as she looked into his eyes directly.

"You're not to be blamed, wooseok and you don't have to blame yourself. We both know you're doing your best, okay?" Wooseok, who's also tearing up held yuri's both hands as he nodded. 

"T-thank you yuri. I promise, I'll be better." He answered.

"You don't have to. You're the best... What are you saying?"

Wooseok hugged her tightly. Somehow, he is thankful that yuri and their baby are safe and that's enough reason to be thankful.

"Anyway, I received a message earlier from our department head. I need to go to school later for a meeting. We need to talks about the upcoming SNU GSIS Open Lecture." Yuri mentioned and Wooseok looked at her with worried eyes.

"Do you really have to go? I mean, I'm pretty sure they will understand if you won't. You need to rest." He responded. The concern is bare in his voice and his eyes looked pleading.

"I'm fine, wooseok. I'm feeling better now. And also, it's been days since the incident happened. I've been missing in action ever since and I think I need to put up now." Yuri insisted. Although wooseok is hesitating, he knows it's yuri's responsibility to attend the meeting since she's an upline.

"Okay, sure. But only if you would let me drop you off and wait for you until the meeting is done." He firmly said. There's an authority in his voice and yuri finds it really funny whenever wooseok does that since his deep ass voice doesn't match up with his cute face.