Chapter Twelve: Courage

---

---

KIM WOOSEOK

I can't seem to cease myself from looking around. I left a duplicate key to my house in yuri's room last night, and she left earlier in the morning without telling me. Well, she left a note on the fridge saying I'll go ahead. Breakfast is on the table. See you at school!

If that ain't the cutest.

A smile curbed on my face as I think about our current state. It's like, we live together, but we're discreet about it. Just the thought of waking up knowing yuri is just somewhere around, it feels nice. It makes me very happy. Who would have believed that this girl would make me feel happy and contented? It's a pity I haven't met her in my life before.

"Wooseok!" I looked back when I heard someone called me from behind. It was eunbi.

"E-eunbi. Why are you still here? Aren't you late for your first class?" I asked her. I noticed that eunbi's eyes looked puffy as if she cried all night. Her face as well is swollen.

"I woke up late. How about you? How's your sleep?" Eunbi stated, emphasizing the word sleep. My forehead scrunched in her remarks. Why is she being sarcastic all of a sudden?

"Fine... why did you ask?" I said. Of course, I have to be cautious. I don't know why but eunbi has this attitude of having great senses and instincts when it comes to things and I know I should be careful.

"Oh, good. Anyway, I don't have someone with me tonight. Can I visit you at home?" She insisted. 

Eunbi's eyes are as sharp as if she were searching for responses. I don't understand why she's being that way, but I'm getting nervous for some reason. I've tried my best to look calm and relaxed, but I can't stop sweating. She can't visit, or else she'll know yuri is staying at my place right now.

"Tonight? S-sorry, eunbi. I won't stay at home tonight. Yohan and I were invited to attend a bachelor's party tonight as guests." I lied. She should not visit me if I don't want to screw everything up. I am so close to set everything in its place.

"Bachelor's party? Really? Well, okay then. Maybe next time." A smirk formed on her face. This is not the usual eunbi I know. It's like... she's hiding a lot.

"You know that I hate liars the most. Right, wooseok?" Her gaze pierced mine. My heart thuds loudly and I started breathing heavily.

"I mean, people are so good at hiding the truth but guess what, the truth will always come out anyway. What's the point of covering everything up?"

Eunbi whispered as she trailed around me. I am panicking inside! Why does she have to act like this? Does she know anything by now?

"What do you mean? You know what, eunbi? Just go to your class now and forget this nonsense." I said, trying to avoid the conversation to go even further. For a reason, I feel uncomfortable.