Chapter Twenty Two: Trust

-----

-----

CHOI YURI

"Hey, hangyul! Nayeon! Can you help me move the flower pots to the side? I can't carry it alone it's too heavy."

Nayeon and Hangyul stood up with both their arms placed on their waist. Just by looking at them, I can tell that their eyes have succumbed with sadness once again.

"Earth to nayeon and hangyul! I said, help me move the flower pots please... are you tired already? Are both of you okay?" I said as I wiped my dripping sweat. Phew, I've been working too much!

"Shouldn't we be asking you that? Are you okay? Are you really okay?"

"W-what do you mean... of course, I'm okay." I answered. Nayeon looked at me with inquisitive eyes which she doesn't normally do. I don't know what she's up to but I don't have the time to think about what she's minding.

"Fine, I'll just do it myself th--"

"Yuri, you've been trying to exhaust yourself so bad since the other day and we can see it. We're just worried that your body can't take it anymore. You haven't fully recovered yet."

Hangyul yanked my arm when I was about to lift the flower pot which made me stop. He looked at me with disbelief and I can sense that he's unhappy about what I'm doing.

"Why can't you just let me? This is my only way of distracting myself so I would appreciate if both of you won't get in the way. I'm just trying to get my thoughts out of everything."

"Yuri, we can understand you, but doing this isn't going to help you either. You can ask us when you want to go out, we can hang out if with you if you want to be occupied. You don't have to do that to yourself."

He's looking at me right in the eye, and I can tell that he's trying to sympathize with me. Somehow, I felt a little uneasy, because the last thing I want to do is to make them feel my pain as well.

"I'm sorry if I'm acting like this at all. But maybe both of you are right. Let's just have a good time, shall we?" I said as I was trying to ooze positivity out of me. Well, at least I'm trying to ...

"Of course, let's have some good time!" Nayeon said, as she held my hand. God knows how thankful I am to have both of them in my life. They never left my side, and I think that's a good enough reason for me to be thankful.

"Okay, okay. Fix up now, yuri. You wouldn't want to go out with the dirty clothes you're wearing." Hangyul joked which made me laugh. I don't know what I've done for him to do things like this for me. I know how he feels about me, but I have no idea why me, out of all the girls?

"We're going to get dressed. Shall you, too?" Nayeon said. Then, she began to playfully push hangyul out of the house. 

"Okay, I'm going to fetch you both later! See you!" He said, before heading out completely.