Chapter Twenty: Never Over

---

---

THIRD PERSON

The room is filled with silence. Wooseok is still lying on the bed, unconscious. While hangyul is sitting on the couch with his eyes wide open. Well, he wanted to look after his friend since wooseok's family is quite busy so there's no one to actually look after him.

When hangyul was about to leave the room to get some breakfast, he noticed that wooseok's fingers seem to be moving. He took a few steps closer to wooseok to confirm what he just saw and he is right. Wooseok is finally gaining consciousness.

"Wooseok, can you hear me? A-are you awake?" Hangyul asked. He started tapping wooseok lightly, as he tries to wake him up.

"Hang on, I'll call the nurses." Hangyul rushed out of wooseok's room and ran quickly to the nearest nurses station to ask for assistance. It's been three days since the incident happened and since that day, wooseok and yuri haven't regained consciousness and if by chance, this will be the first time for wooseok if he wakes up today.

The nurses went straight to check up on wooseok. He is slowly gaining consciousness which made hangyul feel relieved. Right away, he called the other X1 members and wooseok's parents as well to share the good news.

"Wooseok... I'm glad you're awake now." Hangyul mumbled. Wooseok tried to get up but felt his body aching so hangyul stopped him immediately.

"Don't force yourself, wooseok. You just gained consciousness and your body is still weak." He said. Wooseok looks so sad and concerned as if his thoughts are messed up. He is not speaking yet his eyes are melancholic.

"Y-yuri... how is she? How are they?" 

Wooseok asked. His voice is too soft but there is a hint of fright in it. It seems as if he wants to know how they are doing but actually wants to hear an answer that only tells him, they are okay.

"I think you should rest for a while... Let's wait for the X1 and your parents. They are on their--"

"How are they? Answer me..."

"Wooseok..."

Wooseok's heart started to race. He doesn't know why hangyul can't answer him right away but he is not feeling good about it. Hangyul can't even look at him straight in the eyes.

"Hangyul, answer me..." His eyes started to tear up. Sure, he can't properly move his body since bruises are all over but that doesn't stop him from getting up. 

With his knees shaking and hands trembling, wooseok managed to stand up and walk closer to hangyul. He held hangyul's shoulder, trying to make eye contact.

"Please tell me, how is yuri? How is my baby?"

Hangyul didn't mutter a single word. Instead, he just started to shake his head slowly, still looking down.