Chapter Sixteen: Who's doing what?

---

---

KIM WOOSEOK

Last night was quite bothering. We saw a few bullet shells outside yuri's house earlier before we left and there are no traces of whoever did that. Dad, I mean yuri's dad already contacted someone for further investigation. And they even insisted to drop us to school today which is a good thing. I'll agree to whatever will keep yuri and our baby safe.

"Hold my hand."

"W-what?"

"I said, hold my hand."

"Why would I--"

I didn't let her finish her statement and just swiftly held her hand. Despite the weather being cold and all, her hands are warm and soft which made mine warm as well. 

"W-what are you doing, wooseok? Everyone's staring at us." Yuri stated, in a nervous manner. Her voice is shaking and she can't seem to stare at me directly.

I remained silent as I took out something from my back pocket, using my other hand.

"I just want to give you this."

I lifted her hand and placed a diamond ring on her ring finger. With wide eyes and curbed lips, she looked surprised looking directly at me with all the questions in her eyes. Me, on the other hand, smiled at her genuinely as I get done with placing the ring on her beautiful and slim finger. It fits perfectly.

"I wasn't able to give you a ring last night when I asked you to be my fiance. But I think, it's not too late yet. So there... it suits you perfectly."

Yuri curled her fist into a ball and started inspecting the ring. She's looking at it, mesmerized. Slowly, a smile started curbing her lips, making me smile as well. So this is how it feels huh? I never thought that it would actually be like this. Someone's happiness is yours too, someone's smile makes you smile as well. It feels good, meeting the right person.

"Did you like it?" I asked.

She gave me a warm stare before answering. "Yes."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Of course, I would like anything as long as it is from you."

"So you like baby wooseok as well?"

Yuri instantly turned her head to me, with her forehead scrunched and her cheeks flaming red once again. I suddenly felt like laughing since her reaction is too cute. I'm just trying to pull playful jokes on her yet she can't take it all since she's feeling embarrassed whenever I do so.

"W-what do you-- Can you stop those kinds of jokes it's making me sick!" She grunted, yanking her arm away from my gasp then crossing it after.

"Why? That baby is from me. So you should like it as well!"