Chapter 29

A/N - Cameron's outfit for this chapter above 

As Cameron walked away from the team she wondered if she was doing the right team

As Cameron walked away from the team she wondered if she was doing the right team. But she knew if she didn't do it while she was here she would never do it. The blonde walked a short distance before she arrived at one of the places she wanted to visit. She didn't know what she was thinking as she walked through the cemetery , but she figured it was about time she visited her mum even if she didn't particularly like the women. Cameron walked slowly through the cemetery looking around at the people who were grieving, at the graves that had flowers around them, the graves of people's loved ones. She stopped in front of her mum's grave and just stared at it. She didn't really know what to say. Cameron jumped slightly when I hand slipped into hers but she relaxed when she smelt a cologne she knew all to well. 

"You don't have to do this alone," Mac said simply squeezing Cameron's hand in his. Cameron looked up at him with a small smile on her face. The two stood in silence, while Cameron tried to find the words she needed to say. 

"I don't know what to say," Cameron said softly as she looked down at the grave. 

"Just say what you are feeling," Mac suggested looking down at Cameron. 

"I didn't even go to her funeral," Cameron said not looking at Mac, "By the time her funeral rolled around I was already in Hawaii. John, he, he gave me the option and I couldn't bring myself to come back." Cameron took a breath, "This is the first time I have seen her grave. I haven't been back to Mission city since I was 15. I could never bring myself to come back. Does it make me a bad person that I never came to see her till now?" 

Mac looked down at Cameron who was still looking at the grave, "No, it doesn't. It's okay to not be ready to do something." 

"I just have so much anger directed towards her, Mac and I know that she really couldn't have stopped what was happening, but she could have done something you know," Cameron said her voice breaking as she spoke. Mac pulled the women close to him her clutching his top as she rested her head on his chest. The two stood like that for a while.  

"What else did you want to do before we left?" asked Mac even though he already had a few ideas about what she wanted to do. 

"I need to go back to the house," said the women as she pulled away from Mac, "But I don't wanna do it on my own."