Chapter 36

After introduction, Cameron had left the war room leaving, the rest of her team to squirm in the presence of their new boss that Cameron actually liked

After introduction, Cameron had left the war room leaving, the rest of her team to squirm in the presence of their new boss that Cameron actually liked. The woman was just walking down to her car when her phone started to ring.

"Hey," Cameron answered the phone softly stopping by her car.

"Hi," Jamie said equally as soft, "I know that your probably still made at me, but I was hoping we could talk."

Cameron gets into her car with a sigh, "Sure, I'll meet you at yours. As long as that's okay?"

Jamie nodded even though Cameron couldn't see him, "Yeah, of course. I'll be here."

"I'll see you soon," Cameron hung up the phone resting her head on the wheel, before sighing at heading off towards Jamie's house.

It didn't take Cameron long to arrive at Jamie's house, knocking on the door waiting for Jamie to answer it.

"Cam," Jamie said opening the door, "I'm glad you came." Cameron walked into the house.

"I'm sorry," Cameron said looking at Jamie, "I overreacted. I know why you didn't tell me, it's exactly the same reason I didn't tell you about what I do."

"I'm sorry too," Jamie said taking Cameron's hand, "The minute things started between us I should have told you about what I did." Cameron smiled at the man that she actually really liked.

"So, was that all you wanted to talk about," Cameron asked looking down at the floor before looking up at Jamie.

"Well, no, but there was something I needed to show you," Jamie said pulling Cameron into the kitchen. On the island Cameron saw multiple pictures on it. Jamie picked up a picture handing it to Cameron.

"Johnathan Marks," Cameron muttered before looking at Jamie with a questioning look.

"I was tracking him, when I met you," Jamie explained, "His path crossed with yours, it's one of the reasons we met."

"So, what does he want?" Cameron asked putting the picture down.

"I'm not sure yet. But he's not gonna touch you, I promise you that," Jamie said taking Cameron's face in his hands. The woman nodded before presses a kiss to him lips.

The two spent some time going through the things Jamie knew about Johnathan Marks, which actually wasn't a lot of things at all.

-*-*-*-

It wasn't late when Cameron walked through the door. The woman wasn't at all surprised to here the team out on the deck. The woman smiled walking out seeing them all sitting around the fire.

"There she is. Hey princess where did you disappear to?" Jack asked as Cameron sat down in between him and Mac.

"I went to speak to Jamie, I can't be mad at him forever for lying about what he did, I mean I was doing to exact same thing," Cameron said stealing Mac beer and taking a sip from it before handing it back.

Mac smiled, "So you all good now?" The man really didn't like the relationship, but he wanted Cameron to be happy.

"Yeah, I think so," Cameron smiled.

"So, when are we going to official get to meet the man in your life," Riley asked looking at the woman teasingly.

"When I know you aren't all going to interrogate the guy," Cameron joked looking between her team, "Now, on another note, what happened between you at Matty?"

"Oh, no, no, no, not this again," Jack said with a groan.

"Ah, come on Jack, your gonna have to tell us eventually," Mac teased looking at the older man.

"I still think she fired him," Bozer said looking over at Jack.

"How many times do I have to tell you, she didn't fire me," Jack said looking between the Cameron, Riley, Mac and Bozer who all wore teasing smirks all determined to find out what happened between Jack and their new boss.