chapter four

"andromeda!"

tara's voice wakes me from a dream about flying to new york just to be in the airport for a few minutes and fly back.

"yes?" i mumble, waking myself up and taking in my surroundings. i don't remember putting pajamas on last night, but i do remember being on autopilot due to exhaustion.

"go out for breakfast with me?" she asks in a cute voice. i look around my room and notice the camera she is holding in her hand.

"are you vloggging?!" i ask, covering my face with my pillow. i am thankful that i am buried under my covers, so that the camera can't see me in my embarrassing night time clothes.

"yes! get up and let's go to breakfast!" she jumps onto my bed and shakes me a few times before i accept defeat and agree to get up now rather than later. "i'm going i'm going!" i exclaim and watch as she turns the camera to her face with a smile and cuts it off. i laugh at her before pushing her out of my room so that i can get dressed.

i put on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt, not bothering to dress up. tara and i go to breakfast all the time for her vlogs, and i don't ever try to look good for it. i think it's a part of the bit that neither of us do, but since she was dressed moderately when she came in, i decide to put a small amount of makeup on to match her level of effort. i pin my hair back and grab my glasses, not bothering with contacts today.

"i'm ready!" i walk out into the living room. tara takes her camera out and films a clip of her dangling her car keys in front of me and saying that i am finally ready.

for a while i forget that last night even happened the way it did. i forget that i mentally exhausted myself with all of the socialization and effort i put into befriending her friends. i forget about colby asking me to walk him home, i forget about colby being drunk. i even forget about giving colby my number. it all hits me like a truck but i keep my calm and dont freak out about it just yet. if i'm lucky, tara will be so busy filming that she'll fail to ask me about it, and i won't have to deal with any of it yet.

"where to?" i ask tara once we are both in my car. my mind is everywhere this morning but i try my best to put on a bright face for her video.

she is recording me as i pull out of our driveway. she suggests a few places that we always go, but i reject them quickly. "we should go somewhere new!" i say, looking away from the road and to the camera when we get to a stop light.

"let's just drive until we see somewhere," she says with an excited voice. "first place we see, we will go!" she says.

she turns her camera off for a second and hopefully suggests coincidentally seeing mcdonald's first because she is really craving their pancakes. i agree to the bit and watch as she turns her camera back on.

"well, looks like this is where we are going, ladies," she speaks to her viewers in a soothing voice and films from the dashboard as well pull into mcdonald's. "i'm very excited. i saw mixed reviews about this place so i'm really interested to see if it's any good. i've never been there, have you?" i ask tara with a grin. she laughs and turns her camera off as we both climb out of the car and walk into the mcdonald's.

"andro.. can we play in the playground?" she asks. i tell her that we can after we eat and order for the both of us soon after. she rushes her food down, vlogging a little bit of us having some "breakfast talk," as we like to call it. it's a reoccurring thing we do in her vlogs where we discuss everyone's new youtube videos. she says the fans like it because she's a youtuber and i am not, it's like getting two different perspectives on it. we discuss jakes new video, no mention of the fact that he is tara's boyfriend. she dances around the subject and makes a few jokes that i am sure she will end up cutting out, not wanting to upset any jealous fans.