chapter eleven

tara answers the door and doesn't even seem surprised at the faces she sees.

"sam and colby!"

kevin's voice is excited and something tells me he is glad they came while we are filming. views.

i remain on the couch, not looking at colby for more than a millisecond. i'm not sure why sam is also here, but i will not ask. i do not want to talk to them. kevin picks up the camera and shows the two boys walking in. they seem confused.

colby runs into tara's room with no explanation. he doesn't walk out for a few more seconds so kevin sets the camera back up and sam sits next to me on the couch. tara is standing behind the camera and quickly notices what we are doing, so she sits back down on the opposite side of sam. kevin then sits down next to her. this is so hectic and crazy. we are about ten questions in and i think kevin is regretting his choice to make them so easy. the video is blowing by and nothing interesting has been revealed. this gives him an opportunity to spice things up.

"sam, colby, any questions you'd like to ask the girls?" colby hovers over kevin on the other side of me and i wince. i wish kevin knew not to invite colby into this. it can't end well.

"have you ever cheated on a significant other?" sam says. i quickly say no, but to nobody's surprise. now the world knows i don't do love.

tara chooses to skip the question and i laugh with the others. her failure to answer the question offers an answer in itself. nobody says anything about it, though and i remember that's the name of the game. i haven't used any of my skips and tara is on her second now. she used the first when kevin asked what age we lost our virginity. i had an easy out.

colby makes faces to indicate that he is thinking and i prepare myself for some sort of snarky comment or bad question.

"have you ever hid your feelings for someone from your friends? if so who was it?"

i roll my eyes. what the hell is wrong with him? i know he is asking this to get me in trouble, but i won't allow him. i use my first skip and everyone looks slightly surprised. colby's face appears pleased with my reaction. i am so visibly annoyed with him asking that but i am trying my best not to yell at him in front of everyone else.

sam and colby excuse themselves from the video, and wander behind camera. i don't see them leave though and i don't like that. please tell me this won't turn into some party where i have to sit around colby and endure his rude comments all day.

kevin continues asking us easier questions saying that sam and colby's questions were a little harsh, so we should not struggle with the rest. and so far, he is right. until he reaches the last question i am perfectly content with answering them.

"you both have skips left, so you might want to use them on this one..." kevin begins. i wait in anticipation for my life to be exposed on the internet.

"have you guys ever liked the same guy?" immediately i look to tara. have we? she told me colby liked her before but she didn't mention ever liking him back. i wince when she tilts her head, looking at me for the answer as well.

"did you like him?" i ask, leaving colby's identity up for question. i know he is listening despite the fact that he is just smiling and goofing off with sam on the other side of the room. i know he wants me to get my feelings hurt by this question.

"yeah..." tara answers and my heart drops. i am sure to have a breakdown about this later. i've always felt so insecure next to her, and now knowing she liked the only guy i've ever kissed just makes it worse.

"well then yes!" i exclaim, lacking emotion.

"who was it?" colby asks. i knew he was listening.