chapter fourty-three

"colby?" i call out to the boy, scrolling through his phone on my bed. my covers are ruffled and he is under them. he looks so content, i don't want to disturb him from his actions.

"andromeda," he says my name quietly and there is a certain tone in his voice that i can't quite place a finger on.

"how are you doing in here?" i ask, sitting at the end of my bed. he smiles at me, dropping his phone to his side.

"great now that you're back," he responds, holding his arms open for me to join him on the bed. i feel silly being fully clothed, and i would never do this usually, but i accept his offer and plop down next to him without hesitation.

"sorry it took so long. we were catching up," i explain. he shakes his head no, holding his finger up. "no need to apologize for talking to your family, weirdo."

i laugh out at the realization that he is right. i just feel bad leaving him alone in my own home. he is a guest, he shouldn't be left to his own entertainment for an extended period of time.

my hand rests gently on his cheek, stroking it every few seconds. his skin is soft but not soft enough to distract me from his hand wrapped around my shoulder and to my back, rubbing rough circles into my skin.

"you look amazing today, by the way," he speaks lowly, and i breathe in the moment swiftly before kissing him out of instinct. when our lips are together, it feels as if we are unstoppable.

"mm," i moan out when his hands tighten their grip and he holds me closer than ever.

"andromeda?"

"seriously?" i groan in agony when i hear my mothers voice from the other side of my door. is this some sort of joke?

"hi," i say, opening it in a rush to get back to colby.

"hi baby, i just wanted to say goodnight. you two behave!" probably doesn't look so good that he is under my covers right now. oops.

"of course, mother. i love you. goodnight." i give her a hug and watch as she leaves. when the door is shut and i am positive she is too far to hear me, i quickly run back to the bed and climb on top of colby, a sudden burst of courage coming over me.

"i love you," i say quietly, attacking his lips with my own. he groans a few times before gently pulling me back by my hair to say the words back.

"andro," he moans out when i push my body against his. the nickname coming from his mouth catches me off guard, but oddly enough, i find it extremely erotic.

i pull at the bottom of his shirt, urging him to take it off. he complies quickly and soon enough, his torso is exposed and i am swimming in my favorite pool, the pool of colby.

"let me touch you," he says one breath. my eyes instinctively go wide, but i try my best to cover my shock with a poker face.

breaths, sweat, and love. these are the three things that echo throughout the room when i let colby take the last bit of my innocence. it hurts, it hurts more than i thought it would, but less than people made it seem like it would. tara always told me i'd hate it, because it would be too much pain for me to bear. i didn't mind, though. i enjoyed letting colby take that part of me. i enjoyed every second of it, even when tears pooled in my eyes and he felt hesitant to continue. he went slowly, and i breathed heavily. if everyone else in the house wasn't asleep, we would be caught in an instant, just because of how much heavy breathing i was doing.

he whispered i love you and i whispered it back. tonight, i lost sight of the fear i held. tonight, i decided to let colby take me completely. he held me in his hands while i really turned into a puddle of mud for him. he took care of me, and made sure it never hurt too much. eventually, it was perfectly fine. i egged him to go faster, because that's what i saw in a movie once. he moaned out loudly and i had to remind him to be quiet.