chapter twenty-five

A/N thank you for the support i will try my best to update more often <3

"you still haven't told me where we are going."

the sun is almost completely out of sight now, and i have never felt so comfortable in colbys presence. the drive has been filled with bickering about our destination. he has yet to tell me, but i am starting to recognize my surroundings. i decide not to ruin his surprise, but my heart can't help but flutter at the scenario.

"that's the point!" he exclaims, his face forming a bright smile that ive grown to adore to all ends of the earth.

"i'm surprised you haven't figured it out," he adds. i hide the smirk on my face by facing the window. i did figure it out. he's taking me back to the abandoned house, the place we had our first kiss.

"shut up," i tease. his hand finds its way from the wheel to my thigh, and i place mine on top of his. i am in awe. the series of events to led to this is still such a blur and i am not sure how i allowed it to get so far.

the music is hushed, and i am focusing effortlessly on the noises from outside. LA is so loud. you'd think i would be the last person to find myself here, but rather, i find it comforting. it is so fast paced that i find myself so enabled, to fly under the radar and let things unfold around me. i always wonder the stories behind the people here. who broke the girl on the streets heart? why was she crying? what was inside of the locket she held with a death grip around her neck?

"come on," colby says quietly, getting out of his car. i am met with the familiar parking lot to the just as familiar park ahead of us.

a smile has taken over my face, and i can't hide how giddy i am right now.

"what?" his smile matches mine when he meets me at the hood of his car.

"you're so cute," i admit and hide my face in my hands. he surprises me by engulfing me in a hug. i am reveling in the way this feels. everything is so calm, so perfect. i know it's only a matter of days before this feeling is intruded on by some exogenous factor that will leave me broken, but i couldn't be bothered to care if i wanted to.

"let's go," he says, grabbing my hand and leading me through the park.

i am reminded of the first time he took me here, and we kissed for the first time under the moon. that memory seems so far back, i have to remind myself of how recently it actually was.

he leads me through the trees just like before, and once we reach the first clearing i feel as nostalgic as i ever have. when he pulls me close for a kiss, followed by an intimate hug, i am drowning in my own emotions for the blue haired boy.

"isn't that ironic?" he asks, and i give him a look of pure confusion. "well, because when we first came here... i was so hesitant to kiss you, i didn't know what you thought of me or if you meant the things you said about wanting to stay away from me. now everything just seems to have aligned, and it feels good," he says quietly. he seems scared to express his feelings and i note the fact in my head. not a surprise that he is afraid of confrontation of his emotions.

"you're amazing," i whisper, placing my lips to his once more. i am completely mesmerized.

we continue our path onwards towards the house and he doesn't drop my hand once.

"so, why are we here?" i ask, once we find ourselves sitting on the bed we slept together in.

he visibly grows more nervous, like he's afraid of whatever is to come next. i feel content, way more at peace than ive ever been with the blue-haired, blue-eyed boy.