chapter twenty-seven

"truth or dare?"

groans echo around the room and i find myself wondering if these people ever do anything other than play frat boy games. oh well.

"i wanna play!" i call out and the room goes silent, clearly surprised by my loud mannerisms. oops.

"andro?" tara says from beside me, clearly confused. she knows i would never want to do this sober.

it's been bugging me though. it's been hours now and nobody has said a word to me besides tara, devyn, and jake. and colby of course. colby is so cute. he talks to me a lot.

"yeah, yeah. i wanna play!" i repeat my previous statement. i have to ask. i have the courage now more than i ever will, and i want to play.

"i'll start!"

the room is yet again completely silent. colbys hand rests gently on my thigh and i feel content with myself right now. i am up to no good, but he makes it feel so fun. or maybe that's the alcohol talking, i can't tell if he gets me more intoxicated than the bitter not-so-lemonade does.

"kevin! truth or dare?" he has been blatantly ignoring me tonight. i've attempted conversation several times, but i didn't get more than a half-assed hug with an equally as half-assed greeting.

"truth..." he says hesitantly, and i'm sure he knows i have different intentions than playing a simple game of truth or dare. i just want to know. "perfect."

"andromeda." colbys voice is stern and i can tell he is not encouraging me in the slightest to do whatever i am about to do. from the twisted look on my face, though, i'm sure they all know it can't be good.

"so kevin... dearest kev... daddy or whatever you say in your youtube videos-" this earns quite the wave of laughter around the room and i stop talking. why must they poke fun of my innocence? so mean, but tonight i don't care. i will laugh with them.

"why have you and the others been ignoring me all night?"

silence. that's all that's surrounding me right now. that, and a small chuckle from colby. he must be getting ignored too, or else he would never laugh at my attempts to find truth through confrontation. that's not me. he would stop me if i was being irrational, surely. he knows i'll regret this tomorrow.

"um..." he trails off.

"i haven't," he shrugs, claiming his innocence. i roll my eyes.

"crap! i declare crap!" i call out, going to stand but being held back by the blue haired boy on my left. there it is, now he's stopping me from being irrational.

"it's true!" he throws his hands up in defense. "what about you, sam?" i turn the attention to the blonde boy, blushing in embarrassment in the corner of the room.

"andromeda?" katrina calls from the side of her boy. they're so stupid and perfect for each other. and so stupid. i hate them for being too good.

"yes?" i call back.

"what are you doing?" tara asks from the side of me.

"i'm only asking a question! i don't understand why it's such a big deal." the group is dissolving now, half of them not wanting to be involved in this weird hoe-down-show-down that i've caused.

"andro, you're gonna regret this tomorrow. you don't understand-"

"then make me understand, tara!" i exclaim, anger coating my voice. this isn't me. this most certainly isn't me. this is the alcohol.

"will you go in the hall with me then?" she asks and i gulp. if i was sober i'd be so worried about that simple sentence, i wouldn't be able to function anymore.