chapter thirty

"i'm dying my hair guys! it's happening. say goodbye to the blue!" colbys voice is loud and in my face. i guess ive never seen him film a video before.

i focus the camera on his face and hide myself in the mirror as he goes through and parts his hair.

"set it up on the counter and help," he says.

"but then i'll be in it," i say, and it comes out more like a question than a positive statement. "yeah, so?" he says.

"we won't make out or anything, it'll keep them guessing," he jokes. i smile and comply to his wishes. i set the camera up and when i am positive we will both be in frame, i come around to him as he sits down in a chair that he brought in from his kitchen.

"are you ready?" i ask while opening the tube of dye that is labeled all over as toxic for the eyes and mouth. i never understood why people like putting this in their hair, but i guess i'll be just as bad in a few minutes.

"no! yes! no! absolutely! put it in my hair before i change my mind," he laughs and i do as he asks. i squirt it straight into the front of his hair and use my gloved hands to rub it in and through the strands of hair that cover his head. goodbye blue, i'll miss you.

"can we do a q&a while you do it?" he asks and i laugh and nod.

a few minutes later my phone lights up with a notification.

@colbybrock: send me and @andromeda questions for a video

i resist the urge to send him a tweet asking if we are dating, because i know that's what the replies will be clouded with.

"so andromeda, this question is for you, how did you meet tara?" my heart stings a little bit i mask the pain with a completely fake laugh.

"we met online, not that you should ever move in with someone you only know online. not sure what i was thinking," i say with a laugh, focusing my attention on his hair.

a few seconds later he asks another question, my hands still buried deep in his hair. i've done this for tara only once, dying streaks into her already dark hair. she didn't end up liking it, and i never thought i'd be doing it again, nonetheless for my boyfriend.

"how did we meet?" he asks rhetorically.

"we met at pizza night. she was mean to me and i was mean to her. then we became friends," he answers and i wonder how silly it really is to give his viewers such minimal details. they will never know the emotional hell i went through in the process of getting to know this confusing boy, who is no longer my blue haired boy.

when i am finished putting the dye in his hair, we switch places and he begins mixing the black dye together. i am so nervous, but him being here makes it so much easier. i pick my phone up and begin scrolling through my twitter to find more questions.

"andromeda, are you ready?" colby speaks in his most serious tone. "no," i say simply and he shrugs at the camera before squirting dye into his now gloved hands, running it through the back of my hair. i calm my nerves by reading more tweets.

"colby, what's your favorite thing about me?" i read a tweet from my phone. "i like your sense of humor," he chirps from above me. "i like yours too!" i say excitedly and he laughs with me for a second before i go back to reading questions. i was right, they're all about our relationship status.

"it's so hard to find one that isn't 'are you dating?'" i say and he laughs. "i thought so," he responds. i love the atmosphere. i suddenly love filming youtube videos with this boy.

he continues putting dye in and through my hair as i ask him several questions about himself, and a few references that i don't quite understand.

"what is queen mary?" i ask him.