chapter fifteen

A/N this chapter has smut, it took a lot of my energy to write this intimate of a scene and i hope you guys enjoy it and take it as more than just smut. it's such a beautiful moment shared between two people who are falling in love. i'll stop rambling now...

"my doors are always open to you, andromeda."

his words cause hurricanes inside of my body. the way he said my name is repeating in my mind and i can't handle the intoxication he is giving me right now. it is more than the alcohol has provided. he has me in a storm of emotions and hormones.

"let's uh... let's do that," i say. i know it is suspicious that i left with colby and now i am going to his apartment but i don't care. i want to be alone with him right now.

"okay," he says, walking to his door. he seems timid and nervous, and i wonder if it is because i am drunk. he clearly struggles with drinking, i'm not sure how bad it really is but if he insists he doesn't drink and then gets drunk twice, it must've been a bad idea to drink in front of him. even though everyone else was doing it, i feel like i should be more responsible. he told me i was the reason he drank the night we met and the night he came to my house. i wonder if he meant that. i wonder if that really is my fault.

"so this is colby's apartment?" i walk in and take in my surroundings. the walls are barren and he has minimal furniture. the set up is similar to sams apartment and if i didn't know any better, or if i was a little drunker, i'd think they were the same.

"it's cute," i say quietly. it is so silent in here and it is making my thoughts run wild. colby sets his keys down on the counter and walks to the couch. he wastes no time, plopping down on it and taking me with him. his grip on my wrist is not harsh, but it's exactly that which has me mourning the loss of my calm.

"why did you want to come here?" he asks me. i am at a loss for words right now and i can't figure out how to answer his question. his hair is in front of his eyes and his arms look muscular as ever in the black shirt he is wearing. his clothing hugs him so nicely and i can't help but admire him.

"i..."

"andromeda?" he waves his hand in front of my face. i blink a few times to assure him that i am back to reality before processing what's happening.

"i'm sorry i cant think, you're so..."

"so what, baby?"

that was it. one word. it took one word for me to let me guard down. i am unafraid of how he is making me feel. i am embracing the tornadoes in my lungs when he speaks. i am taking in the beauty my eyes have seen over this last week. he is so stunning.

"winsome," i say, my voice low.

"winsome? what does that mean?" he asks. his hand finds mine and he interlocks our fingers. we are not close, and we have no physical contact other than our hands being one.

"it means... beautiful, and like... wow... you know?" i explain. i know i'm not making sense but he seems to understand what i am trying to say.

"you look beautiful tonight, andromeda. like... gorgeous. i couldn't keep my eyes off of you in there."

"oh, i noticed!" i laugh. he smiles in embarrassment. i want to poke his cheeks like i did the night we went to that abandoned house, but my body seems frozen in time.

my phone begins to ring and i shuffle around to pull it out of my pocket. because i expected to see tara or devyns name on my screen, my jaw drops when i see my mother's.

"uh... hello?" i answer.

"andromeda! hi!"

"oh my god amara! hey sweetie!"