how did I not recognize you?

Before you read

This book is in editing right now, because I found myself reading this and it has lot's of spelling mistakes. And also I am changing little details etc without changing the stroyline too much.

But now I hope you enjoy this book xx.

Lexi Kapanen

"Are we still going to that game tonight?" My friend Hailey asks when she calls me. "Of course." I start. " Even tho my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday doesn't stop me from going to watch hockey." I chuckle, little sadly tho.

As you may guess me and my ex, Lucas broke up when I found out he cheated on me with my good or ex good friend Kendall.

"Okay then, well I see you at the rink at 6pm." "Yeah see you there" I hang up and then start to get ready since it's already 5pm and I need to leave the house by 5.30pm.

I do my makeup, I just put some mascara and fill in my brows. Then I change into my USA hockey jersey and black jeans. I leave my blond hair just naturally open and then take my phone and wallet. I put my oldskool vans on and with that I'm out of the house.

I wait outside the rink for Hailey. After few minutes I see his brothers car drive next to me and Hailey says goodbyes to her brother, Hayden. Yep, Hailey and Hayden. That's kind of cute I guess. "Hey girll" "hi, ready for the game?" She asks hugging me "Ugh, I'm always ready to watch hockey" I chuckle leading us into the arena.

That's who I am to be honest. My dad and my big brother both are hockeyplayers, well my dad is a coach nowadays and I kind of grew up with all kinds of nhl players. And before you ask, My dad is Sami Kapanen. So yeah I'm Finnish. But I moved to America when Dad had some coaching to do here and Kasperi got drafted into the NHL. That's when I met most of the NHL guys I know. But now my dad lives with my mom in Finland and Kasperi lives in Toronto. And I am here in Washington D.C.  because I got a house here and I also got into a good school in here.

We finally find our seats with Hailey and the game starts right away.  It's against Canada. You may be confused but, my #1 team is Finland and second is USA. But I love some of the Canadian players since I am friends with them BUT these under 18 or under 17 years old Camadian players are all my enemies.

It's power break at the end of third period. There is only under one minute left to the game but there is something wrong with the plex. So it's time for a kisscam. The camera searches for a couple and finally finds one, the camera stops. And so does my heart too. It's Lucas and Kendall. Just my luck..

And I know for a fact that Lucas hates hockey. I can feel the tears form into the corners of my eyes. The game finally continues so I try to wait till the end without crying. The game ends and me and Hailey hurry to the bathrooms. I take few deep breaths before going back out.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asks when his brother comes to pick her up. "Yeah, I'm sure." Lie. I smile at her.

I see Lucas and Kendall walking in front of me so I take a turn to the parking lot and finally the tears come running down my cheeks. Suddenly I run into someone. "Oh my god I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" I panic and look up from the ground. I see the most handsome brownhaired guy, and maybe about my age, standing there. "No problem, are you okay?" He asks offering me a hand. He picks me up easily "Yeah, are you?" "I'm alright." He flashes me a perfect smile. "Why were you crying?" He asks kind of worriedly when he notices my puffy eyes.

"Oh, well my ex was there with my old friend, and it kind of made me sad" I say a little embarrased. "Well, I can already tell you that he isn't worth of your tears. Oh and I like your jersey btw" he says smirking. "I guess you didn't recognize me, I'm Jack Hughes" I blush hard when I realize that I'm not only wearing USA hockey jersey, I'm wearing HIS jersey.  "Omg how did I not recognize you?" I say shocked. He chuckles at my comment then says "C:moon, let me cheer you up, okay" he says and I give him an questioning look. "Come hang out with me and my teammates, not all of 'em ofcourse" he chuckles. "Only if Trevor is coming" I smirk. "Ouch, that hurted." He fakes being hurt. "I'm Lexi by the way"

A/N

Okay I am really sorry about some of the stuff going on in this chapter. I have to admit that I'm kind of confused about all of the USNTDP stuff etc. and I know that Sami Kapanen doesn't work in America. I had to figure out something. But yeah hope you like it anyway.