was the 'I love you' just a lie?

Jack Hughes

I am at the lockeroom tying my skates when I get a message from Lexi

Hwlp mr im at thr bsthroomns

What? "Hey Quinn I got a message from Lexi but she made so many typos I don't know whar she is trying to say." "Let me see" "something about being at the bathrooms." I say and tgeb Quinns eyes widen "she bees help there" suddenly it hits us both. "CANADIANS HAD PRACTICE BEFORE US" we both yell and take off our skates. We ran out of the room and into the hallways of this giant rink. First bathroom, no one around. "She must be at the other side!" Quinn says and both of us start to run again.

When I finally see Lexi I immediately run to  hug her. "LEXI, Oh thank god you are okay, you scared me, where is he" I say still holding her. But Blake is nowhere to be seen. There is only Kaapo Kakko, that Finnish hockeyplayer I'm all the time compared to. "I'm okay, Kaapo helped me." She says smiling at him. "Oh, thanks man" I say. That line screams jealous... Shut up.

I am happy that Lexi is safe. But I don't think I like this Kakko dude. He is kinda handsome and Finnish just like Lexi. They speak something in Finnish, that I can't understand. She hugs him and probably thanks him too. I look at Quinn with sadness in my eyes. Kaapo leaves and I motion Quinn to go back.

"I'm so happy you are safe. I fucking murder Blake if he comes near you again." I say hugging her again. "Jack, just be careful with him, I don't want you to get hurt" she says her grib thightening around me "I would do anything for you, but I'm not going to beat him up like last time." I chuckle and she smiles. Oh god I love her. I'm gonna say it. Is it too soon? Fuck it let's go.  "I love you, Lexi, and I don't want to make you feel bad." She looks at me shocked but then smiles more widely. "I love you too, Jack Hughes" I put my hand around her waist and slowly lean in. She closes the space between us and we kiss, again, sweetly.

"Come on Hughesy, you have practice to be at" she says when we break apart.

After the practice we decided that we would spend some "coupletime" at her place, so she said she would wait me at the parking lot. I was about to leave the rink when Blake was leaning onto a wall and stopped me. "Hughes! How does it feel?" He says smirking. "How does what feel?" I ask "to become a second choice because of some Finnish guy?" "What do you mean?" I ask angrily. "You didn't saw? Well your lovely girl seemed to be having fun with Kakko earlier." "Yeah he helped her to get away from you I would be happy with him too" I spit out. "Well it seemed like there were sparks flying, but oh well if ypu don't believe me then it's your mistake. but yeah good day"

What the fuck? Was the 'I love you' just a lie? I can't believe this!