1: Bestowed Gifts

2021 A/N: I wrote this in 2016 and it was my first fanfic, so please don't judge my writing skills by this piece of work. Looking back, I really don't like this fic at all. It is cringy, melodramatic, packed with grammatical errors and weak plot points.

But fear not, I have good news!

I have posted a new fic based during the Hobbit and it's called 'Wonderland' which was published in September 2021, and it is at a WAY better standard of writing because I have been practising on Ao3 and Tumblr for the past five years.

So, proceed with caution or go and read my new story, which won't make you want to gauge your eyes out.

-----

"If you spot the brightest star in the sky for a whole week, a wish will come true. The starlight holds great and unquestionable power, never forget that dear. Within the stars is the power for me to Be with you always..."

"Happy Birthday!" Your (E/C) eyes peeled open, blurry at first, but slowly cleared to reveal Miranda you foster mother.

"Morning!" You smiled as you Looked around, You noticed a small pile of presents on the bottom of your green single bed. They were all wrapped in a silver wrapping paper but there was one that looked different to the rest. It was a small black box with a note attached to it.

" I hope you like your gifts!" Maranda smiled happily as You stumbled down your bed towards the mysterious gifts, awaiting to be opened.

"Your such a child!" Maranda chuckled as you stuck your tongue out at her.

After a few minutes of unwrapping, or rather taring open wrapping paper like a maniac, You had opened all but the small box. You had received a few books, a new sketchbook and small first aid kit. You looked up with a smirk on your face, holding the medical kit.

"Really?" You asked. "I'm not that clumsy!" Who am I kidding!? I almost killed myself making salad! You thought.

"Yeah right! Now open the small Box!"

You shook your head and reached towards the box. You slid off the black lid, the contents was not what you were expecting, situated in navy velvet was a silver ring with a crimson red jewel in the center, along the silver band of the ring was little blue gems, in the gaps of intertwining golden leafs. Wow!.. You thought. You instantly reached out to trace your finger across it, suddenly You felt a small jolt go through your body as your finger connected with the cold ring. The type of jolt you get when you jump into a icy cold swimming pool. What in the name of Gimli's axe!? This is some Gollum type shit! Am I becoming

You looked up at the brunette lady, meeting her green eyes.

"It was your mother's." My mother's? You were shocked to say the least, when Maranda told you this, You always remembered your mother as someone who would not wear anything fancy, never wearing dresses, no makeup, no jewelry and worked at the Forest centre.

"It has been passed down in your family for the last few centuries." Your (E/c) eyes flung open. Centuries? Jeez! I wonder why or where it came from...

"Now, get dressed, I have a surprise for you downstairs." With that Maranda stood up, her slightly heavy form left your small room. You looked back down at the old ring, reaching your fingers out again, and glided them across the surface of the ring. You didn't get a shock again, but there was another feeling. Danger. You Shook your head and slid on the ring. I read to much. You looked down at the now empty box, there was still a note attached to it. You picked it up, and looked at it, it was a piece of parchment that had slightly charred edges, and was the shape of a leaf and about the size of one too. You turned it over revealing a sketch of a key on it, with the words 'Use wisely.' Engraved on the sketch of the key. Use what wisely? The ring or the picture? Oh well!