19: Rohan

The morning sun had started to peak above the hill tops, only to be concealed by the grey rolling clouds that lay thick across the sky. The large expanse of land was illuminated by a hard grey light that cast shadows over the land. An occasional bird flew over their heads as the company packed up any evidence of their nightly stay. None of them talked very much, they all had felt it, an evil. An evil that creeped upon them silently at night without them knowing, except you.

"Quickly now, There is something foul in this land and I do not wish to stay any longer. Though I do not know what it is." Gandalf ushered the group towards their horses, whom were also restless. You had not told Gandalf about your vision that you had last night and you didn't know if you were going to or not. Your mind screamed to know the reason behind the vision and who's voice you had heard but something else lingered in the back of your head that whispered you to keep it secret. The vision repeated its self over and over In your mind as you stared into the distance, watching the world going by as you held onto Legolas, who was in control of the horse the two of you were mounted on. You felt the thuds go through your body as the horse ascended into a gallop, just lagging behind Gandalf's Horse, which held not only Gandalf but Cabbage as well. The image of Sauron and the Fair Elf kept going through your head. They had a kid together? The more you thought about it, chills would tingle your spine. And as for Thuringwethil, her face was etched in your mind, her face looked like-

"You are unusually quite love, what ever is the matter?" Legolas's question broke you out of your trance.

"Oh nothing, I am just tired." You lied, but he pressed further.

"After you disappeared last night, you have been acting odd." He said, you could hardly make out his sentence as the wind whipped the words away. 

"Uh, yeah, its nothing I am fine, just tired." You could tell that Legolas was not buying your lies, but you were not ready to tell him what you saw.

"Aragorn disapeard shortly after you did last night." You froze. What did he mean by that? Did he not trust you?

"Ok?" You said slowly, not wanting to jump to conclusions, but by his tone you could guess where this was going.

"Is there something you want to tell me Y/N?" This time his tone came out hard and colder than before, and if you were honest, it made you feel guilty yoou were lying to him, but also slightly vexed by the fact he thought you were cheating on him.

"Do you not trust me?" You asked and glared at the back of his head. You wishehd you were not on the horse anymore and that you could see his face.

"You have before Y/N, and I am just saying I hope you did not kiss him again." You could tell this conversation was making him uncomfortable. How could he think that? I would never kiss Aragorn, he is my brother!   Though you wants to blurt that out, you restrained yourself, having the final say.

"I will tell you when we get to Rohan, but you have to trust me Legolas." With that being said, the next few hours were completely full of awkward silence. The chatter of Gimli And Aragorn came in waves from behind you, but you had a sense, though Gandalf seemed to be staring into the distance, was actually listening to your argument. 

The early afternoon sun had lifted it's head higher in the sky, clearing the clouds away to make space for a pristine blue colour. The maintain ranges had become more enclosed and the land had to started to look much the same; sickly dead yellow grass and marshland. Though conversation between the others had been scarce before, it was non existent now, only to be replaced by the constant thumping of galloping hooves upon the obsolete ground.  You and Legolas had not spoken a word since your little 'disagreement', which was making for an incredibly awkward ride. You could feel that he had become more tense, only looking back every now and then to check you had not fallen off into a ditch. The silence was overwhelming, but your thoughts strayed back, wandering where Pippin was, wandering he was safe,  praying he was alive. Pippin had worked his way into everyone's mind, making them question his whereabouts. Even though your mind was clouded with the worry of Pippin, that girls face was etched into your mind. That girl meaning Thuringwethil, her face...

"We shall arrive in Rohan in no more than a  ten minutes ride west!"

In the distance, you could see a great hill, old farm houses spiralled around the hill, on the top sat a great stone building, larger than all the small houses put together. This was enclosed by a large stone wall that secured the perimeter,  the closer you got, you could see how dilapidated it was.  The five of you passed through two great wooden gates that stood un manned. Anyone could get through.  

"You find more cheer in a Grave Yard." Gimli mumbled as he looked around the ghost like village. The clicks of the horses hooves seemed loud in comparison to the village. In simple words, the place was in a state of disrepair. As you scanned your location, everywhere you looked there were houses with smashed windows with little to no straw roofs. There were starved horses there legs buckling under them as they struggles to pull rusted farm machinery. Dogs ran astray with there ribs jutting out. The people stuck in your mind. They were gaunt and under weight, the children were sickly looking and the men looked stressed and drawn, there faces smeared with muck and blood. You averted your eyes, not wanting to stare. The people creeped out of the corners they were hiding in, popping heads out of windows and around corners, their beady eyes trained on the odd company. 

"Are you alright." Your eyes flicked up as you heard Legolas's soft voice on the wind but there was still an air of coldness to it. 

"Yeah. You?" You whispered back. Just when you thought the conversation was going somewhere. he just replied with a hum, reverting straight back to silence. The five carried on up the make shift cobbled slopes that lead up to the grand hall.

"We are here." 

The five of you dismounted your horses, happy to be able to walk again after hours of sitting on the not so comfy saddles. Gandalf wrapped his grey cloak over his dazzling white ones and stride toward the great doors.

"Halt. I cannot allow you before King Théoden so armed." Four guards stepped forward and blocked the entrance. You watched as Gandalf nodded toward the other who were looking to him for an answer. Yes. In an instant they clattered there swords to the ground. Gimli grunted as he shoved his axe to the ground, Aragorn kept complete eye contact with the guard in front of him as he placed his multitude of weapons on the stone steps and Legolas placed his bow and arrows down and put his un-sheathed sword down in the same manor. You were about to do the same, but a small voice in your head told you that the guards wouldn't suspect you, a female to carry any weapons which was an advantage. You looked back at your horses to check Cabbage was with them, and saw him lounging on the head of Shadowfax, eating a grape. Where in merlin's name did he get a grape? 

"Your staff, you cannot enter with your staff, by order of Grima Wormtounge." The main guard indicted to Gandalf's prized possession, but of course Gandalf had a trick up his  beard. 

"Oh come now, you would not part an old man with his staff?" Gandalf guilt tripped the guard. This is going to be interesting...

The commotion was slowly coming to an end, Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn threw their last punches, knocking the last of the guards out as You followed closely behind Gandalf. On the grand marble thrown that over looked the pristine hall, sat a haggard old man, bent over and grey.  The kings ill eyes glanced upon you, life slowly creeping back in. A laughter with such mocking emitted from his throat, piercing your ears. 

"I have been in waiting  for you, what is your name now? Y/N?" The shell of Théoden that had been taken over by Saruman cackled out, only to be cut of Gandalf.

"You shall be drawn from him as poison is drawn from a wound!" Gandalf's words made no difference, the Kings eyes were still trained on you.

"Do they know who you are dear Y/N?" The possessed kind called out.

"I don't know what you mean." You said, worry building up but his sly gaze slinked to Gandalf now.

"You are traveling with Sauron's daughter."