9: Monsters and Cabbage

~•~

The dark waters enveloped your body and submerged you down to its muddy depths. You flailed your arms in panic, clawing for the surface as the water got darker and darker as you got dragged down. The golden light faded from view as dark green water rippled above you. Your lungs started to burn with such intensity you thought you might pass out. No. You got this far and you were determined to live, I mean you we're in your dream land for like a week, you were not about to die now! You used your one last burst of energy to try and make out whom or what was dragging you down. You twisted backwards trying to get a look but all you could see was the faint outline of a shrewd pale claw. You desperately tried to uncover your short sword you had received for your birthday and jabbed it down at the hand. Nothing. You missed. You tried again but failed as you started to see black dots in your vision. Taking one last hopeful swing, you plunged the sword into the hand casing a stream of red to flow into the lake like dropping crimson ink into water. You could hear what you believed to Be a muffled growl as the claw released your aching leg. You took this chance to swim. Swim as far up as you could. It was hard to figure out which direction was up but you took a guess at random. Your muscles burned from wielding the sword and your lungs felt like they would implode any minute. Then you saw it. A dark figure plunging into the icy waters. You were going to get saved! You used that last burst of energy to swim to that dark figure. You kicked your legs even harder, until you kicked something... Or rather someone. You looked down to see that thing was back. Your eyes widened as you pushed through the pain and fear. You were almost at the top, almost there. The dark figure got closer an closer until they were in arms length from. You were well aware of the presence of that creature below you which made your blood curdle with fear. You felt a strong arm wrap around your waist and haul you upwards. The two of you broke the surface gasping for air as you got dragged back onto land. Your eyes stung from the probably toxic waters. A few moments passed until you noticed what you were lying on...or rather whom. Your eyes met warm blue ones. Blood instantly flowed to your face as you noticed you were lying on a topless and drenched Legolas, whom was also bright red.

"I-uh," You spluttered. You couldn't help but stare at his exposed chest. "Thanks for um, saving me." You babbled as you quickly got of the shirtless elf.

" am starting to worry why every time I am around you, we always end up in a pool of water." Legolas grinned as he brought back memories of being pushed into the water by Merry and Pippin. You smiled and turned around hoping to hide your growing tomato coloured face to only be greeted by the concerned eyes of the fellowship as Legolas put on a dry tunic covering his well toned torso.

"Are you alright Lady Y/N?" Asked Aragorn as he stepped forward and put a brotherly hand on your wet shoulder.

"You will catch your death of the cold Miss Y/N if you don't put on some nice dry clothes." Sam said as he prodded your leg.

"Uh yeah, I will go and um, change over there." You said, still embarrassed by the charade. You hauled up your bag and made towards your indicated area. You found a nice spot behind a large moss covered tree, surrounded by dead brush and decaying leaves. Lovely.

You took of your sodden trousers and replaced them with your handy dandy jeans. You peeled off your tunic shirt and we're on the process of shoving on your shirt from Earth when you heard a twig snap behind you. You jumped and spun around, trying to find the attacker.

"Pippin!" You yelped as you shoved your shirt down and grabbed your hoodie.

"I-I'm sorry Y/N, Gandalf sent me to say we shall be making camp here." The crimson cheeked hobbit stayed as you hauled your bag onto your shoulders. Really? Why camp in this dark and damp forest?

"It's fine Pip, and why would we camp here? There is something in that pond. Something evil." You said as the both you made your way back to the rest of the group, noticing the sun starting to set.