10: Yellow Flowers

Days turned to night and the light was starting to melt into darkness earlier than usuall. You had assumed it was the begining of winter, but when you had asked Gandalf, he has said that it was too early for it to get dark prematurely. Something was happening. Something dark. It had been around a week since you found your pixie named Cabbage and he was gaining more strength as each day went by. What you did notice though, was how his skin was turning paler and more sickly looking.

"I dont understand why you named it Cabbage, Y/N? As I just stated there are many more names to choose from but you named it Cabbage?!" You were currnetly listening to the rant Merry and Pip were babbaling on about. After the plethora of ancient Hobbit names, you gave up trying to engage in the conversation.

"There was once an ancient and wise being from my world named Cabbage. He had two servant twin sisters who would clean his house and bring food. After he passed away he gave his power to them and now they rule my earth." You said, but of course it was complete nonsens, Cabbage was just your guinea pig that passed away, but you highly doubted they would know what that was.

"Wow." The two Hobbitlings started franticly chatting about how powerfull the All Mighty Cabbage was, and if he had any food. You shook your head and picked up the pace to join Legolas and Gimli near the front.

"Whats up Blondie and Satans Spawn?" You said as Gimli jumped back and started looking up in the clear country air.

"What? What do you mean 'whats up?' Where is that demon you named Cabbage? Is it up in the air?" Gimli spluttered and started waving his axe around looking like a ludacritic eyed squirrel. Legolas softly chuckled and put a hand on Gimli's shoulder.

"I do believe dear Y/N told me that is how people greet eachother back in her homeland. And if that is the case, I am doing very well, thank you Lady Y/N." Legolas smirked, showing of his flawless teeth as Gimli huffed and grumbled something about the madness of woman.

"We make camp here!" Shouted Ganadlaf from the front as Aragorn pulled Frodo and Sam away from Boromir.

____________

The Fellowship had set up the campfire and makeshift tents on a rocky crag, overlooking vast land of brush and silver lakes, surounded by enormus mountain ranges. In the distance you could see the outline of snow covered mountains topped with a large grey cloud. The smell of daisys and other wildlife wafted to your nose, only to be muted by the smell of smoke from the crackaling campfire as you perched yourself next to Aragorn on a moss coverd rock. Your E/C eyes were trained on the fight unfolding amongst the overgrown plant life infront of you and Aragorn. It was Boromir against frantic Merry and Pip, who were waving their pin like swords with slight more expert motion due to the training they did with Boromir.

"Move your feet." Aragorn commanded the Hobbits as he supressed a grin by taking a bite of his apple.

"Who is winning?" You asked the ranger as Merry ducked an arc swing from Boromir.

"I would say the Shirelings." Aragorn said as the two short people turned around with a wide grin, forgetting they were in the middle of a battle. Merry turned around fast enough to block the attack but poor Pip was to slow and got jabbed in the arm by Boromirs sword. Pippin yellped, cluching his injured arm with a frown as Borimir dropped his sword and rushed forward.

"I am so sorry, are you alright?" Borimir grabbed Pip's shoulders. I smirked as the two Hobbits looked at eachother and grinned. Uh oh.

"Get him!" Merry yelled as the pair of them ambushed Boromir by pushing him to the ground and climbing ontop to complete their attack. Aragorn grinned and tried to to haul the hobbits of his friend. Bad idea. Pippin turned around and kicked the poor and unsuspecting Aragorn close to where the sun does not shine.

"We win!" The Hobbits yelled whilst running around, leaving dust and two grown warriors in their wake. You walked over in stitches trying to help the two men up but ended up on the ground as well, as the two men were not going to let you go unscathed and pulled you to the ground.

"Thats not fair! Two against one!" You laughed as the three of you messed around in the dirt. You laughed so hard, it felt like your ribs would crack any minute, and by the state of the other two, you guessed they felt the same. You managed to sit up and catch your breathe. Looking around, you spotted Legolas sitting umomgst yellow flowers next to Gimli, scowling at the other two, especially Aragorn. When he his blue eyes caught on that you were looking at him, he glanced away into the distance. What's up with him? After pulling yourself up from the dirt, you decided to be usefull and went to help Sam with the cooking.

"Hello Miss Y/N." The dumpy Hobbit greeted as he fried some sauseges.

"Can I help?" You asked as he cracked an egg open over the pan, causing it to sizzle intensly, whuch if you were truthful, was kind of scary. He only nodded and passed you a couple of eggs to fry. You felt a small wait land on your lap, looking down you noticed it was Cabbage, with a single yellow flower clutched in his small hand.

"Aw thank you." You smiled and took it from him, but he didn't do anything apart from look at Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn before taking off, fluttering his wings. Weird, wasnt Legolas just in a small patch of yellow flowers? Probably just a coincidence. You thought about asking Cabbage, but remembered he could only say one word; 'Y/N.'

"Whats that in the sky? " Said Sam as he stood up and pointed a finger at a black mass in the sky thst seemed to be getting closer to the camp.

"Its nothing, just a whisp of cloud."Gimli brushed it off as he leaned on his axe. You started to pack things up because you new what was about to happen, noticing Legolas already peering at the sky, you quickened your pace.

"Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas yelled and sprinted to the campsite to put the fire out. He then grabbed your hand and pulled you behind a cragged rock as the others scrambled under the brush and other forms of shelter. A mass of crows circled the campsite with deafening noise as their wings flapped violently, looking for some sort of prey or information to take back to Mordor and Saruman. You saw a flash of blue and red as Cabbage climbed into your hoodie pocket for shelter. You noticed Legolas's arms were wrapped around you waist and you could feel his cool breath against your neck as the smell of mint and grass filled your nose and intoxicating you. If it were possible, you would say that your face was redder than spidermans suit. A few moments passed of that hectic bliss until the Crebain departed and flew of into the distance, leaving behind a few token black feathers.

"The passage south is being watched." Said Gandalf as the others rejoined in a small group. Legolas unwrapped his is arms from you as the two of you wandered back over to Gandalf. "We will have to go through the mountain pass if we want to make it to Morodor unseen."

Aragorn and Gandalf sat togeather looking over the land scape, mapping out the best route for the new diverged path. You still had a faint blush to your face as you replayed the moment over and over in your head.

"I didnt know someone could go so red." Legolas said as he sat beside you. He noticed? Dammit.

"Shut up." You chuckled as he continued to tease you.

"You know what? I am going to call you cherry from now on. Not only do you go bright red but you did say cherry trees are your favourite type of tree." He grinned as you felt your face grow bright red. Again. Wait. He gave you a nick name?

____

Sorry for short chapter, I hope you enjoyed 😃

Last updated : 31 July 2019