17: Smoulder

(Sorry For the late updates guys! I am on holiday in Harris (A small stormy Island in Scotland) and the Wifi Is REALLY bad. I will try and update when I can but I will write the chapters none the less and publish them when I get home next Saturday if I can but I will try and update during the week. Also it looks so much like Lord of The Rings settings here! Especially that scene were Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are tracking the Uruk's across the mountains. Anywho, enjoy! 😊
Edit- This Is Like 6 weeks later now and I came back from Harris ages ago as well. So, so sorry for not updating)

***
2 Days Earlier
"Give him some medicine! He is sick!" Pippin struggled against the Uruk-Hai that was giving him a piggy back as he stared at Merry who was adjacent to him and being thrown about on a large Orc.
"You heard him boys! Give him some medicine!" Ugluck the leader of this party of Uruk's decided Pippins raving was getting rather irritating and to Pips horror one of the Uruk's tipped unconscious Merry's head back and poured thick red liquid down his throat from a black skin satchel.
"No stop your hurting him!" Pippin yelled and struggled some more as Merry started to splutter and cough with bleary eyes.

"You hear that boys? He can't take his grog!" Ugluck jeered casusing a row of screeches and snorts of Orc like laughter. Pippin narrowed his eyes and glared at them as Ugluck continued,
"Do you want some? No? Then keep your mouth shut." The Orc mimicked zipping his mouth up and turned around as a grizzly looking little Orc hobbled over, it was a washed out green colour with thick strands of saliva swinging from its rotting lips. Behind it there was a group of At least ten others just like him. Pippin took this distraction as an opportunity to whisper to Merry.
"Psst, Merry? Are you OK?" He asked as Merry tried to brush his golden locks of hair out of the bloody cut on his head which he did not know it got inflicted.
"I'm fine. It's an act, see I fooled you." He whispered back but Pippin knew he was lying as he watched his friend cling onto conciseness. Their conversing quickly came to an end when the Orc chattering came to a halt.
"What is it? What do you smell?" One of the Orcs asked Ugluck who had his snout in the air.
"Man Flesh." He said to Pippins delight but poor Merry was to sick to pay attention.
"Aragorn." Pippin said with a smile plastered on his bashful face.

The night sky was teaming with glittering silver stars that seemed to shine brighter than the fires the Orcs were building up. On the menu for that night was bread. Again. And apparently some of the Slime ball excuses for monsters started to get fed up with the elf bread.
"Why can't we have some meat! They look fresh? Maybe just there legs?" A blue tinted freak spluttered and jabbed a mangled claw towards the two Shirelings. It all happened so fast that Merry and Pippin could not take on board what was about to happen. One minute they were being threatened, the next the threatener was being gutted.
"Looks like meat is back on the menus boys!

                         Present.
You couldn't help but feel a bit hopeful, though the fact that you were losing your memory really bugged you. The four of you were approaching a smouldering heap of bodies surrounded around by spikes crowned with the severed heads of Uruk Hair. The stench wafted through the air like a pungent rotten block of charred cheese. You hopped of the horse you shared with Legolas onto the blood drenched ground. The silence was defining. No one dared to speak as if it would wake the dead. Gimli used the dull side of his axe to rummage through the corpses. Then it happened. The moment that caused all of their hearts to sink. Out of the wreckage, the dwarf managed to recover a single item.
"It's one of their wee belts." He muttered and thrust the charred leather belt foreword. No. It can't be! You felt tears burn in the back of your eyes as you stared at the belt. Legolas wrapped his arms around you in a warm embrace and slowly stroked your hair. He hummed an elvish prier and closed his eyes.
"Ahhhhhh!" You could hear Aragorn scream in defeat as he kicked a helmet and slumped to his knees. It was all too much. You let out a sob and clutched onto Legolas's tunic in sheer desperation. How could this happen? You heard Aragorn the background muttering about bonds being cut, and people crawling but you were to upset to listen to any of it. A few moments passed until you heard a yell come from behind you. You looked up to see Aragorn and Gimli standing at the edge of a thick forest opening.
"What madness would drive them into Fangorn?" You heard Gimli say as you and Legolas approached them.
"We suspect Merry and Pippin are alive." Aragorn said as he peered into the forest. It felt like every cell in your body lit up as you lurched foreword into a sprint towards the forest.
"Then what are you waiting for?" You yelled and disappeared into the darkness.

"Do not let him speak. He will cast a spell." Aragorn said as you all brandished your weapons. Before you knew it, the brightest light you had ever seen flooded the dark forest and bathed it in a white glow. You tried to cling onto your short sword but it had started to burn your hand, eventually causing you all to drop your weapons, but what happened next, you  would never expect at all. The light duled down to a softer one and the great figure wielding a staff stepped foreword. He was clad in pristine white robes with long hair that was not a strand out of place.
"Gandalf?"
—-
Again so sorry for not updating lately! Also sorry that this chapter was short and kinda a crap bag. A really long and better chapter is coming soon! Thanks for reading!