3: Strangers In The Night

This book trailer: youtu.be/lfrxHkckmAE

"Gandalf!" Frodo shouted as the wizard stepped out of the shadow. 'I forgot about that!' (Y/N) just smirked as she plonked herself on a wooden chair at the kitchen table awaiting the events that were about to unfold.

"Hello Gandalf." (Y/N) greeted the wizard but only got a slight nod in response.

"Is it secret? Is it safe!?" Gandalf urged in a desperate whisper. Frodo nodded, still in shock from the fright Gandalf gave him. The little Hobbit rounded the order to a large wooden crate behind the green Hobbit sized armchair. Frodo rummaged for a few moments through papers and other nick nacks that Old Bilbo had kept.

"Here it is!" Frodo exclaimed, holding up the envelope that contained the deadly ring. The dark haired halfling jumped up and closed the wooden crate. Gandalf suddenly snatched it off Frodo and tossed it into the red flames that danced around in the fireplace.

Y/N and Frodo were sitting at the kitchen table listing intently to Gandalf explain about the rings maker. The evil ring was siting in the table in front of them, it had glowing red writing scrawled across the band that looked enchanting. Y/N could see now why people wanted to take it. It felt like it was talking to her, whispering to her.

"Take me Y/N, take me."

It whispered in her head, taunting her.

"No one knows it is here?" Frodo questioned Gandalf as he suddenly sprang to his little hairy feet. "Do they Gandalf?" He repeated, with a slow look of fear on his small face. Y/N felt sorry for the Hobbit, he was such a happy young soul and he was about to go on a life changing but soul crushing journey to the depths of Mordor to destroy the ring. He soon has to endure great pain and loss, but does not know it yet.

"There is one other... He goes by the name 'Gollum.' I tried to hunt him but the enemy got to him first. He uttered only two words; 'Shire, Baggins.' " Gandalf stated in a raspy tone. The grey wizard looked overly sinister in the flickering light of the fireplace. Y/N stood up and wandered to the window with a smirk on her face, knowing Sam was eavesdropping.

"Take it! Take it Gandalf!" Frodo cried as he shoved the ring towards Gandalf.

"No! Keep me Frodo! I would use it to do good." Gandalf comforted. "But through me, it would wield a power to destroy." Gandalf pleaded with Frodo, who was absolutely terrified.

'Thump!' Gandalf and Frodo looked up in fear.

"We seem to have a visitor." Y/N grinned whilst grabbing a shiny red apple and taking a bite. Gandalf rushed to the window and opened it. He leaned over the purple flower pot and shoved his magic staff down hard on what... or whom may be under the window. The three of them heard an 'Ooff!' Come from under the window. 'It's Sam!' Y/N thought to herself on delight.

"Be gentle Gandalf, it's only Sa-" Y/N was cut off.

"SAMWISE GAMGEE!" Roared Gandalf as he hauled Sam from the bottom of the window onto the polished oak table. Y/N felt sorry for poor Sam as his face looked a picture of fear.

"Have you been eavesdropping!?" Gandalf continued.

"I haven't been dropping no eaves sir, I promise... Just don't turn me into something unnatural!" Sam shrunk back into the table. Gandalf looked at Frodo and Y/N with a smirk on his old face.

"No? I think I have a better use for you." Gandalf murmured. 'Ahh! It's starting!' Y/N thought excitedly.

"This is where I leave you." The old Wizard stated. He turned to Y/N.

"Remember Y/N, never ever tell anyone their fate." Gandalf reinstated forcefully.

"Yes sir." Y/N saluted and stood up tall, like the soldiers do in films.

"Must be off now, Stick to the road!" With that Gandalf disappeared into the night, his grey cloak bellowing out behind him.

"Right, lets get going." Frodo told Sam and Y/N.

"I'm so excited!" Y/N grinned like an idiot. Sam just shook his Curley head and muttered,

"You ain't natural Ms Y/N! Not one bit."

They had been walking for a few hours and Y/N's feet began to hurt as she dragged her legs behind her on the moss covered grass.

"Come Sam, let's make a fire." Frodo said as he gathered up some fire wood. Y/N found a moss covered rock to sit on. Her E/C eyes stared at the twinkling stars in awe as she just took everything in. She was in Middle earth. She could die. She might meet Legolas. And she is hungry. About five minutes more of starvation the two Curley haired Halflings announced that dinner was ready. They had cooked up some bacon, fried egg and French toast. Brilliant. 'Oh my god I'm so hungry! I could eat an orc!' Y/N thought to herself.

They had just finished eating when they heard faint singing in the distance of the forest they were in. 'It's the wood elves!' Y/N thought excitedly.

"Mr Frodo and Miss Y/N! Come!" Sam was peeking over a root and staring at the elves. Frodo and Y/N couldn't say anything as they stared at the stunning scene as the elves were only a couple of feet away. Y/N crouched down with the other two hobbits so she wouldn't be scene. That failed. Y/N started coping forward over the little edge.

"I don't know why, but it makes me sad that the elves are leaving." Sam whispered, not noticing Y/N.

"Uh, guys help me!" Y/N whisper shouted in panic as she was losing her balance. Both Hobbits looked at her with wide eyes but they were to slow to react. By the time they reached out their arms, Y/N had tumbled if the ledge right in front of the elves. Great.

"I swear to Sauron that hurt-" Y/N's groaning was cut off as a young elf helped her up.

"Thanks." Y/N clutched her arm as she turned around to see her helper. A young elf man stood in front of her. He had long black hair and piercing green eyes that contrasted with his snowy complexion.

"Y/N!" The human girl snapped out of her trance as Frodo and Sam rushed to her side.

"My name is Asher. Are you all right miss?" The young Elf spoken to Y/N.

She could feel heat rise to her cheeks.

"Y-yes thank you for helping me." Y/N thanked him but their meeting was short as he had to catch up with the rest of the elves.

"Well in that case I must be off. Maybe I will see you again." Asher bent down and kissed Y/N's hand. Before Y/N could reply; he was gone.

"Wow." Sam and Frodo said in sink.

"Time for bed I guess!" Y/N rushed as she didn't want the hobbits to see her blush.