20: Follow Your Heart

Your heart dropped. How did he know? Thoughts started to race as the silence in the room became deafening. What would they think? What would Legolas think? Speaking of whom, he was staring at you with huge, confused, glassy blue eyes.
"Enough of your games. You will be drawn Saruman as poison is drawn from a wound!" Gandalf squeezed his eyes shut and reached his aged hand out to focus his power. You held your breath, gaze fixed on the haggard old man that was hunched like a beggar on a stolen throne. His chapped lips ripped into a sly grin as he let loose a sickening cackle.

"You have no power here, Gandalf The Grey." He snickered, his voice sounding gravelly and sick. A thump against your leg caused your eyes to avert to the ground, below you Wormtounge had managed to wriggle himself out from under Gimli's foot and slither to you, clinging on to you. Your nose wrinkled in disgust as his slimy face was pleading for help.
"Aye, come back here you wretch." Gimli grumbled and yanked the worm by his greasy raven hair. You shook your head and looked over at Legolas. His eyes were trained on Gandalf and the beggar king, but his jaw was clenched. He still had the words of Théoden in his mind. You felt tugging at your heart, should you have told them? You had only just found out the night prior, but it was all the same. Would they think of you differently? Your (E/C) eyes were ripped towards a frightful yell. Possessed Théoden was scrambling in his throne, face twisted with anguish and malice. He whimpered and fell forward, almost toppling out of his throne. You held your breath as a blond woman that had been restrained by Aragorn rushed to the side of the King. Your brow furrowed, you had seen her before somewhere, you knew her name, though you could not recall it. Théoden let out a hard breath, unlike the entirety of the room who had theirs stuck in their throats. A pale glow enveloped Théoden as he straightened, his jeweled robes seemed to glitter and glimmer again, his grey shriveled skin was replenished with the youthfulness of someone twenty years younger, a silver crown shimmered in the light as it rested upon his now golden locks that brushed his wolf hair robes. In Théodens blue eyes you could see new him, one that was full of life. The King was back.

Thèoden bent forward, peering into the blond ladies eyes as she knelt below him. "I know your face." He uttered, placing his hand upon her fair face. "Éowyn." Something clicked in your mind, she was Èowyn, from Lord of The Rings. Your memory was getting even worse. The king scanned the crowed, scanning the faces of the onlookers as if they were becoming more familiar like waking from a hazy dream. You pressed your back against the pillar and prayed its shadow would conceal you from prying eyes and any further questioning.

"Breathe the free air again my friend." Gandalf's voice was proud as he stepped back so that the king could stand his full height.

"Dark have been my dreams of late."Said Theoden, his eyes slowly trailing to you. 'Oh no.'

"Your fingers might remember their strength better if they grasped your sword." Gandalf interjected, causing Theoden to snap away from you. Below him bowed Gandalf with a great silver sword balanced in his hands. Theoden took it in his hands before turning his head to Wormtounge who was trying to shrink behind Gimli and then to your dread, he eyes met yours.

"Take the girl and Wormtounge."

It had been a few hours since Theoden had commanded his men to take You and Wormtounge which had caused your friends to plead with Theoden to let You go free but Theoden did not listen. You were bound against a cold wall. The room you were trapped in had no windows and would be completely dark if it were not for the torch that hung on a nearby wall, its flames licking the stone. You closed your eyes, feeling the pricks of newly formed tears. Will the group still want you to travel with them? Would Legolas? Thoughts swam through your head, drowning you with their endless questioning. It still hadn't hit you that your father was the dark lord that the group were trying to destroy, You still were trying to figure out how to tell Aragorn that he was your brother, if you ever saw him again. If they would ever believe you again