27: Seven Stars Of Doom

Under a great sack of tins and frying pans, Samwise stood there red faced and doubled over, his breathe ragged and raspy. 

   "Lady Y/N? What on this good earth are you doing in an unnatural place such as this?" Sam scurried over to you, fiddling with your binds. Was this real? Was this actually Samwise? Or is this another creation of Annatar's to break you? You stared at the Hobbit warily, trying to figure out a way to find out if this was actually Sam.

   "Sam, what is the best food to go with rabbit stew?" You asked. The Hobbit paused his untying of your bonds for a moment and looked at you with utter confusion.

   "Lady Y/N we have no time to waste, we must find Frodo otherwise I would be happy to coo-"

   "Just answer it Sam." You interrupted him.

     "Very well." He paused. "Potatoes."  He said before resuming your bond cutting. Yep, that is Sam alright.

   "What the hell are you doing here?" You asked once your bonds fell to the floor.

   "Looking for Master Frodo I am, some great spider jabbed him, and before I knew it, a group of unnatural looking orcs had carried him up to this gloomy place. You have not seen Frodo by any chance, have you Lady Y/N?" Sam helped you up, patting some dust off your shoulder. You only shook your head. Sam was actually here. You were not alone anymore.  Under the surprise, you were so happy to see the little Hobbit alive and full of energy. It gave you hope, not only for yourself but for the mission to destroy the ring.

   "Well we best go find him. In any case, I am glad you are here Lady Y/N despite your oddities and all."

   The mouth of Sauron turned and gave Aragorn a wicked grin. The slits that lined the creatures mouth splayed open, revealing fatty flesh that oozed black liquid onto its long yellow teeth riddled with rot. A gust of dry air hurled through the land, whipping sand and dead dirt into the eyes Rohirrim as they tried to see what Aragorn and the others were saying to the Mordor Creature.

   "Who knew a human girl and a Halfling could endure so much pain. And they did Gandalf, they did." Aragorns sword flashed bright  in an arc, slicing the creatures head clean of the now bloody stump of a neck. Legolas grimaced slightly at the sight but was glad to see the wretched thing being destroyed. 

   "He said they killed Frodo and Y/N, is it true?" Pippin squeaked but Gandalf hushed him, staring at the decapitated head. 

   "I can not believe it. I will not, for in my heart I know Y/N is alive, and with that the chance of Frodo surviving these lands brings me hope." Legolas surprisingly said. He had hardly said a word since you had been captured. This caused all the heads to turn to him. Gandalf formed a small smile.

   "Alas, You speak. If what you say is of truth, then I trust to hope that Y/N and Frodo will travel together. I feel it in my heart that this is what she was destined for. Yes, I think you are right." The wizard said.

   And for a moment the hearts of the group lightened and hope twinkled danced their sleep deprived eyes. This change in mood was felt by all. The three hundred men that stood in front of the gates felt their spirits brighten, even though they had not heard the uttered words of the smaller group near the Black Gates. But that was soon washed away with a sense of immanent dread. A horn sounded from high above the gate, and a creaking noise slowly built in volume. The great gates slowly opened up, revealing a sea of black. The roars and cackles were just about defining. Ten thousand trolls, orcs and other undiscovered monstrosities started their march  slow, and steady. The shear amount of them sent vibrations through the ground as they approached the army of Rohan, made of  three hundred men at most.