12: Battles and Blushes

Gimli rushed forward to the illuminated room, with no concern of what may be lurking around the corner. 'Typical dwarf!' You followed suit behind everyone else, trying not be get left behind again....That was terrifying.

"Oh...Oh no!" You heard an anguished cry sound from the room Gimli  ran into. looking  over Legolas's shoulder, you set your eyes upon a heart breaking site. A bereaved Gimli was slumped over the degenerated tomb of Balin, the son of Fundin and brother of Dwalin. Even though the dwarf passed away before you were probably even born, you felt a slight heart ache as you thought back to reading the Hobbit and how these were actual people.

"Come Gimli, we must go." Aragorn tried to reason with the dwarf, but he wouldn't listen. To the other side of the tomb, you noticed Gandalf scooping up a dust covered book from a decaying corpse next to it.

"They have closed of the north entrance, we are stuck here. We cannot get out. Drums in the deep, they ...They are coming." Gandalf trailed of as the writing became more and more frantic. You shuffled around behind the group, in fear of what was going to happen next. You opened your mouth to say something, but you were cut off. Crash! A loud clanging noise made the whole group jump and turn around to be greeted by the site of Pippin cringing at the sound as whatever he pushed down the hole in the ground. And when everyone thought it as over, the chains got dragged down as well causing a high pitch shattering noise.

"You fool of a took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity." Gandalf seethed at the poor red cheeked Hobbit. If you ever experienced an awkward silence, imagine it one hundred times worse. Just after Pippin squeaked an apology, you heard it. It was faint at first, a deep drumming noise coming few and far between, but then it picked up. The drums thudded with such speed and depth you had mistaken it at first for your heart beat. Shrill shrieks echoed of the walls as foot steps pattered and clomped closer to the tomb room.

"Barricade the door!" Everyone jumped up into action, grabbing old spears and boulders to block the door. Boromir shoved himself against the door to take a peek outside.

"They have a cave troll!" He yelled just in time for the door to burst open revealing a massive green scaly face that almost scaled the height of the room.

"Stay behind me." Legolas said to you, drawing his bow.

"Let them come! This is one dwarf they don't want to mess with!" Hollered Gimli as he swung his axe whilst standing on the tomb. Your breathing picked up as you clutched your short sword with your eyes trained on the onslaught in front of you. The troll rammed into the doors again, but this time with a successful result. The doors flung open, with a hoard of Gundabad orcs on the other side.

"We didn't say come in!" You yelled at the beasts. More and more swarmed into the room like bugs, prowling like tigers and grunting like pigs.

"Fight!" Aragorn roared whilst swinging his sword at a particularly large orc with dreadlocks. You swung your sword at snorting green one that rushed at you with a wooden club, slashing its leg.

"Sorry!" You yelped as it tumbled to the ground in pain, sending dust up. To put it kindly...you were crap at fighting. You ducked a couple strikes and jabbed your sword into the stomach of a small goblin who squealed and crumbled like paper, narrowly missing Boromir. You turned around to earn a fist to your jaw. You fell back, clutching your jaw in pain. You looked up to see the assault came from an Uruk Hai, it was tall with thick inky red skin and piercing yellow eyes. And guess what? It was lurching right at you! You swung your sword up, just in time to block the attack, causing a spark to fly from the metal. You grunted as it kicked you in the stomach, pinning you down. It raised its sword above its head to finish you off. Oh god no! You squeezed your eyes shut as you felt a force come down On you. You gasped and flung your eyes open. You looked down at your body to see thick red blood pooling around you...But it wasn't your blood. The Uruk-Hai was sprawled out on top of you, with a large wound oozing blood from it. Did Legolas save you? You looked up to be greeted by the site of none other than Boromir wielding  a blood soaked sword. If you were honest, you were sort of disappointed it was not Legolas that saved you, but you were happy to be alive none the less!