Chapter 2

Amari POV

I knocked firmly on Luka's office door, calming my nerves and shoving Raven to the back of my mind so I didn't have to worry about him acting up. I didn't want Luka's wolf, Izaak, to discover Raven at all.

Even though our wolves were our co-hosts, they were quite powerful in the sense that they felt everything we did, saw everything we did and could also sense things too, like other wolves. That was mainly why I kept Raven hidden most of the time. I didn't want anyone to sense his fear.

"Come in."

Luka's smooth, gravelly voice washed over me and I tried to ignore the affect it would've had on me if I'd let my true omega form show.

In fact, if I had, my legs would've shook, I'd of melted to my knees and possibly whimpered like a bitch. But I wasn't an omega, not anymore.

So instead, I blocked out his dominance as much as I could, straightened my back and set a hard expression on my face. I opened the door and slipped inside, not suprised to find Luka sat behind his desk, Nick leant up against the wooden table with his large arms folded in front of his chest.

I closed the door softly, walking to stand before them with fake confidence I didn't feel to my core. My eyes briefly met Luka's startling blue ones before lowering.

"Sit," he directed, pointing at the chair in front of him.

I didn't want to sit so close to him. I'd have rather stood so that I felt less intimidated and crowded by their thick alpha auras. But I couldn't deny the alpha so I sat in the chair, refusing to meet eye contact with either one of them.

"Amari," Luka started and I tensed. "You can't keep beating my enforcers."

His voice wasn't understanding but it wasn't harsh either. It was hard to decipher how exactly he was feeling. There was no doubt I was here to get scolded, however.

"We were sparring," I told him with an even tone. "We're supposed to beat each other-"

"Without the intent to kill," Luka cut me off with a sharp reminder and I clenched my mouth shut.

There was a sigh and the sound of a big body shifting on the desk. "Amari, we talked about this, you have to learn to control your anger." Nick spoke up, his gruff voice gentler than that of his son's.

I wanted to spit that it wasn't anger, that it was instinct I couldn't help. But he wouldn't understand. None of them understood.

I loved to fight. It was a few minutes of high I felt where I wasn't at the bottom, where I wasn't a failure, I wasn't weak. When I won, it made me feel better about myself. I couldn't change the past, I couldn't go back and save my mother, but when I was sparring, it was like I was succeeding in doing just that.

"What am I here for?" I asked bluntly instead of justifying my behaviour, even though deep down I knew I was in the wrong. Sparring was beneficial to me, not to the males I was beating up.

I finally looked up. Alpha Luka didn't look impressed at all. He had his big arms crossed over his broad chest, his face stern, but he looked mildly concerned too.

Was he worried about me? Why did I want him to be worried about me?

I let my eyes roam his body as my heart beat quickened. Alpha Luka was a fallen angel. Angel because he was so damn handsome. Devil, because he knew that he was handsome.

He had thick, golden brown locks, streaked with the odd blonde strand, pulled to the back of his head in a dangerously sexy man bun. The quick style displayed his masculine features perfectly, highlighting his square jaw shadowed with stubble, his perfect nose and full pink lips.