Chapter 39

A/N: I'm back✌🏾🥰 Six exams down, three to go! Was in the mood to write so have a suuuuuper long chapter!

Warning: This chapter contains sex and violence! Skip it, read it - do what ya gotta do⚠️👍🏽

Honestly, ya'll not prepared for this... 🤭🤧

Enjoy lol! 😘

Amari POV

The day started out... not as I wanted it to be. Stress and frustration overwhelmed me as I stared at my glaring mother who scowled right back.

My back was aching. So bad that it made walking almost excruciatingly painful. I was ignoring it the best I could, but fuck, I was in some serious pain. Last night was totally worth it. But maybe we should've had sex after the party today.

My butt was screaming at me that I was not allowed to sit down. At least that meant I had no choice but to rush about and get everything sorted for the day. There wasn't much left to do, just give Luka his presents, eat good food and then propose, but it felt like a bucket list.

This morning, after showering, I gave Luka a birthday blowjob and told him to wait in the room so that I could make him breakfast in bed. He wasn't sticking to my rules and insisted on coming down to the kitchen so I didn't have to walk back and forth up the stairs. Honestly, it made sense but I wanted to spoil him and he wasn't making this easy.

So, I left him in the dining room, escaping the swarm of wolves who gushed around him, wishing him happy birthday and pressing presents into his already full arms. While he was distracted, that was my opportunity to grab his food.

However, I walked in on Nick and mom arguing in the kitchen. They stopped as soon as they saw me but something told me that whatever they were arguing about was serious.

Mom looked angry and Nick just looked tired. The older man had pressed his large hands to his face and rubbed the bags beneath his eyes before turning and walking silently towards the exit of the kitchen.

Startled, I'd asked what in the world was going on, only for him to kiss my cheek and tell me not to worry about it before disappearing. Mom wasn't so soft in her approach. She slammed her tea towel down on the counter and told me not to get involved like I was a roach invading her space.

Of course I didn't stand for her talking to me like that. She might be my mom but I wasn't going to take that sort of disrespect. Not after everything.

As a result of me going back at her, we got into yet another argument that was interrupted by Yeri who then in turn started yelling at the both of us.

It was just a mess from the get-go.

"Why are you always fighting! Can't you be nice to each other!" Yeri cried, stomping her foot. She was dressed in a purple princess dress. I remember her telling me it was a princess Sofia or something - her favourite show on Disney channel.

"Arguing and arguing all the time!

"Yeri," I sighed, ignoring mom who crossed her arms defiantly over her chest with an indifferent glare on her pretty face. "Its okay, we're just talking. Go and play."

"You always say that! I'm not stupid Amari!" She seemed genuinely pissed off.

Fuck. Why? Why today?

"I didn't say you were stupid, watch your tone with me please. Go and play," I told her a lot more firmly. She huffed and I watched the determination blaze in her eyes.

"Don't tell me what to do! You're not my dad!"

I bit my lip, clenching my fists to stop from getting worked up. Five. She's five. She doesn't understand what she's saying. No, I'm not her dad. But that didn't mean she was allowed to speak to me like that either.