Chapter 48

Warning: This chapter contains sex (don't even know why I still do these warnings 🤣🤣🤷🏾‍♀️)

Amari POV

The weeks were flying by and I was getting bigger and bigger each day - inflating like a balloon. The pregnancy was moving fast as hell and the end of month two was quickly approaching.

I couldn't walk for long periods of time due to achy joints and swollen ankles, I also couldn't breathe sometimes because of the little people squashing my lungs. The pregnancy was putting a lot of strain on my body and I was really feeling the negative effects in everyday life.

My energy levels were low most of the time and when I wasn't being sick, I was sleeping. Luka had been obsessively worrying about me. I'd catch him staring at me with troubled blue eyes everytime I had to take deep breaths through pain or when I was throwing up.

He was being an absolute star though. My mate was by my side, giving me back and feet massages when I was in pain, swamping me in cuddles when I was sad and feeding me my dinners when I was too weak to feed myself.

He even stayed in the bathroom with me when I was sick. He was perfect. Too perfect. However, I loved that it felt like we were both going through this together even though I was the only one physically pregnant.

I made a note of doing something nice for him to say thank you. I would honestly hate to be him right now, dealing with my mood swings and the fact that I was mostly reliant on him to help me do a lot of things now.

It was currently night time, or early morning and I was panting on my back, trying not to make noise as I bit my lip through the discomfort I felt. My pups were having a party.

I could feel them moving inside me and it was the strangest feeling in the world. It was also quite painful. They were literally kicking my organs with their feet or bashing me with their elbows.

I rubbed my stomach in an attempt to calm them down, pressing the bumps appearing and disappearing over my flesh as they wriggled. It reminded me of thrashing fish in a too small tank of water.

My pups didn't listen to my pleas for them to sleep and stop hurting their papa. Of course they didn't.

That carried on for about an hour and I was beginning to get fed up of the discomfort. Sleep wasn't coming anytime soon and the longer I lay like this, the longer I knew the pain would continue.

Luka was fast asleep beside me, looking sexy as hell with his eyes closed, his head resting on the pillows. I reached over and kissed him briefly on the forehead. He deserved to sleep without me bugging him for help. He missed his lie ins.

Luka's breaths remained even and I took the time to escape while he was deep in sleep. Stuffing a pillow gently next to him so he wouldn't notice my missing presence, I rolled onto my side and threw my legs over the edge of the bed.

I pushed my heavy body up and gripped my stomach, moaning in pain as I struggled to my feet. My ankles were swollen and it made walking hard as I hobbled into the bathroom.

I splashed my face with cool water and quickly ran my toothbrush around my mouth. Once I felt freshened up, I threw my hair up in a raggedy bun and left to find some clothes.

Luka's t-shirt was on the floor and I picked it up, putting it on. It was loose at my chest, hanging off my shoulder but tightened around my bullet shaped stomach. I also grabbed his sweatpants from a draw because they were the comfiest and none of mine fitted anymore.

Fluffy socks on feet and carrying a spare blanket, I left the room, closing the door behind me with a soft click. The house was quiet and dark and I was careful as I tip toed down the stairs and into the deserted kitchen.