Chapter 40

A/N: LMAO I'm back. You guys always have a way of making me feel guilty for cliffhangers damn it 🤣🤣🤣

This is like the third time I've ended on a cliffhanger just to update the next day. I suck at suspense 🤦🏾‍♀️😅

I'm gonna grow a back bone one day and make you wait... I will! 🤣

Also, I've been in the mood to write so here's another chapter! Make sure you read chap 39 before this one!

Then I'm going for real lol 😅

Thanks for cheering me on through my exams, I love you guys! 🥰🤗

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Haven't got a clue about the ins and outs of gun shot wounds - just what I see on TV lol. This is all fiction, dont get pressed if something I've written isn't right 👍🏽

Luka POV

"Alpha! It's an emergency! You have to come ASAP!"

"Luka you're needed outside. West boarder, there was an incident!"

"Alpha quickly!"

The influx of frantic calls down the pack link all at once made me startle awake beneath the bed sheets. What the fuck was going on? I bolted up quickly, tugging on some clothes so that I could get outside.

A rogue attack? Somebody got hurt?

I tried not to get worked up as adrenaline stole through my body, ready to ward off the danger.

Amari was outside with Yeri, hopefully safe from the problem - that damn little girl pissed me off this morning. Why didn't little kids know how to sleep?

Amari and I's pups were definately having a 'no waking dadda and papa before ten o'clock' rule for sure. They could find ways to entertain themselves amongst the ten of them while Amari and I slept.

I jogged along the hall, raced down a flight of stairs and burst outside. It was fucking freezing and I only had time to shrug on a shirt to protect my skin from the cold.

More wolves started yelling my name and I picked up my pace, heading straight for the west boarder.

But as I got closer, the severity of the situation seemed to become more apparent. The strong stench of blood permeated the air. It was sweet. Familiar.

"Amari," Izaak suddenly snarled, recognising the scent of our mate.

My blood went cold and my heart rate spiked through the roof as anxiety hit me hard.

No. Fuck no, what happened?

I sprinted towards the boarder, running as fast as I could until a circle of my enforcers came into view amongst the towering trees. They were desperately tending to something or someone on the floor between them.

"What the fuck?!" I roared and the startled birds took off into the sky. The wolves moved out of the way, revealing Amari who was unconscious.

He was sprawled on his back, his eyes closed, his head tilted up at the sky. There was blood everywhere, clinging to his clothes and seeping into the woodland undergrowth beneath his still body. Tao was pressing his chest in a frantic attempt to keep his heart pumping.

Two others pressed over his bloody stomach and right peck.

"We found him like this," Tao grunted, counting three then moving away. I took up his spot, immediately pumping Amari's chest. His body jerked, but his pale face showed no signs of life as I did so.