Chapter 51

Amari POV

"Who's ready to get their diaper changed? How about you, you smell, you first." 

"Don't cry, you'll wake your papa and he's been through a lot. Do you know how big your head is?"

"Are you talking back to me? Already? I demand respect you cute little munchkin. Don't cry over me when I'm talking to you!"

"Who's hungry? I am! Ya'll don't know how lucky you are. Your papa's nipples used to belong to me. Sigh... I don't mind sharing though..."

The bed shifted beside me and I felt my shirt being lifted. Strong fingertips squeezed my right nipple, making me gasp. I peeked open my eyes, blinking up at Luka.

He kind of paused, before staring down at me with a bright smile. "Morning beautiful."

I stared up at him, dazed. He looked so happy and handsome kneeling over me. His hair was tugged back behind his ears in a bun, though it looked so messily sexy. His blue eyes were bright and there was... baby powder smeared across his cheeks.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked with a frown, tilting his head. "I didn't mean to-"

"N-no it's fine. I was just surprised," I consoled him. My voice was hoarse and I felt like I'd swallowed sandpaper.

The more awake I became, the more aware I was of my damaged body. I couldn't move at all without pain and my ass was throbbing. There was this uncomfortable sting that was making tears prick my eyes. My legs felt dead, my hips too.

"I'm prepared bubbles, just don't move. I've got this," Luka told me with a determined face. He was cradling one little baby in his arms and I watched with awe as he simultaneously bounced our child while propping me up against the pillows as gently as he could.

"I know you're probrably not in the mood, and I've got bottles for the other four, but Mika needs you to feed him. Eugene said he needs skin to skin because he's the runt and-"

"It's okay," I reached trembling hands out for my youngest baby. My heart swelled and tightened with both fear and relief. He was okay. He made it.

Luka smiled, pressing him into my arms. He was tiny. So ridiculously small now that I could properly see him inside the blankets. I hadn't seen him yesterday after I passed out but Raven told me what happened.

I was so grateful to my wolf for delivering him safely.

I pressed his warmth close, closing my teary eyes as I kissed his forehead. He had fluffy brown hair, a round face, wide nose and closed, puffy eyes. He was gorgeous.

"He knows how to latch already so that's fine, but he gets upset when you put him down, hence the dead arm," Luka shook out his right arm with a wince.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked, confused as I looked around. Luka had all four other babies dressed in baby-grows and in their cradle bouncers. They had their little hats on, pacifiers in suckling mouths, swamped in blankets. There was a changing mat on the floor, a pile of messy diapers in a bag too.

He'd been doing all of this by himself?

"Its only been one night and half a day baby. You should sleep, I can't understand your pain because obviously..." he waved at himself with a guilty smile. "I just want to make sure you're okay. We're fine! Lumai has a bad attitude though."

I only then noticed that he'd named the babies.... were those name tags? I couldn't help but giggle at him. Luka was being cute and paternal and it was making me want to both cry and kiss the hell out of him.