Epilogue

Amari POV

"LUNA!"

My head jerked up all of a sudden as my bedroom door flung open, startling me and the baby suckling from my chest.

The pack member, I didn't know the name of - I was getting there - was panting as she clutched the door frame.

"They're on the roof!"

"What?!"

"Your pups! They're on the roof! I don't know how they got up there but-"

The sudden screaming from outside my window made me scramble up and sprint from the room with the she-wolf hot on my heels. I flew down the stairs and outside where a crowd was quickly gathering.

My heart was slamming against my ribcage as I joined my yelling packmates and looked up towards the bright blue sky.

My eyes must be deceiving me.

There, on the roof of the pack house, five stories high, I could see my first born pups. I think I almost had a heart attack.

"SEE! THE WORLD IS FLAT!"

"NO IT'S NOT! STOP BEING STUPID! WE'RE NOT EVEN HIGH ENOUGH TO TELL!"

"GUYS, LET'S JUST AGREE IT'S SQUARE? NO ONE FREAKING CARES ANYWAY!"

"SHUT UP ARI! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND KUMA!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING LUMAI! THE ASTRONAUTS SAID ITS ROUND! IN EVERY PICTURE, IT'S ROUND!"

"ITS FREAKING FLAT, I'LL BELIEVE YOU WHEN YOU GOT TO SPACE! THE GOVERNMENT LIE ABOUT THESE THINGS!"

"WELL MIKA BELEIVES ME, DON'T YOU? HE SAID YES!"

"HE CAN'T SPEAK!"

"YOU KIDS BETTER GET DOWN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???!!!!" I screamed up at them, cutting off their argument. I've never spanked my kids before but my palm was tingling! What the fuck were they thinking?!

Unbeleivable! Where in the hell was Luka?!

Lumai shuffled closer to the edge, peering down at me and I panicked. "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER, STAY STILL!!"

My kids were gonna die. Oh my god.

Ten years old. I couldn't keep them alive longer than ten years?! I'm a bad parent. Oh my god. I pressed my palm to my forehead, experiencing a mental breakdown as I watched them move about, helplessly.

How did they even get up there? Was there a door I didn't know about or something in the attic? What was the reason for such... recklessness?!

Lumai waved over the edge and I almost threw up in my mouth.

"IT'S OKAY PAPA! DONT PANIC! WE'RE COMING DOWN!"

I half expected her to jump off the building.

"This is Luka's genes coming through. We don't claim what's happening right now," Raven muttered, shaking his head at our pups' stupidity.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Luka emerged on the roof like a saviour and although I couldn't see his expression well, I was positive he did not look happy as he snatched all five pups up in his arms and thankfully carried them away from the edge of the building. They disappeared and I rushed back inside to meet them.

Poor little Kori cracked up crying with all the bouncing and I hushed him quickly, holding him to my shoulder and patting his back as I ran up the stairs.