Chapter 45 - Ceremony Pt2

Warning: this chapter contains sex (nothing new tbh 🤣🤣) - not your freaky wolf sex tho! That's next chapter! 🤭😏

Third Person POV

Yeri was playing animatedly in the corner with a box of toys, seemingly not aware of the trouble she'd caused on her brother's ceremony day. Or maybe she was aware, but just didn't care.

Joana watched her from her place on the bed, her tears long dried up. How could he say something like that to her? Something so hurtful?

With Luka, she felt like it was touch and go. He was either chill out with her or exploding off in that scarily intimidating way that made her legs shake. It was clear he neither liked her or disliked her but now Joana was certain he disliked her.

The alpha was her son's mate yet she hated the way he spoke to her about her daughter. Joana had always been lenient on Yeri. She couldn't find it in her to discipline Yeri while they lived in such a horrible home. The little girl had gone through a lot watching her mother get beaten and trying to survive in their dysfunctional family.

So, she let Yeri get away with things in order to keep her daughter happy. Joana realised that she was wrong for that. Luka was right in that sense. Yeri was fiesty and bit of a brat when she wanted to be. But she would grow out of it right?

That didn't mean Joana was doing a bad job? She pressed her hands to her face. It was true that Yeri needed some sort of disciplinarian but Joana didn't think she could do it. Not after everything. She also didn't want these large men putting their hands on her daughter either. It was too triggering. It reminded her of Tristan and Kaleb.

But she realised that things were very different here than they were in her home. There was a clear hierarchy of respect and Luka and Amari were at the top. If Luka didn't like the way Yeri was behaving then it was going to become a bigger problem.

Joana stared at her daughter who was humming to herself as she stacked bricks in the corner. She didn't want to hurt Yeri or let others hurt her. 

Not that Luka would ever hurt her. It was true the male could seem quite aggressive and intense, but she'd never witnessed him hitting anyone before. That wasn't the case here and she had fo trust the alpha since she was living under his pack.

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door and it opened. Nick came in looking highly distressed as he ran a large hand through his golden hair. His blue eyes were worried as they scanned her over and then Yeri.

"Amari told me what happened. Are you okay?" He asked, closing the door and swiftly making his way over to the bed. He sat beside her, holding out a large arm. She immediately sank into his warm embrace with a small sniffle.

"I'm fine," she shrugged softly. "I'll get over it." Luka's words still stung.

Nick tightened his arms around her with a frown. He felt very uncomfortable knowing that his partner and his son were butting heads. "You were arguing about Yeri?

"She hit Amari and Luka got mad. He thinks I'm not doing enough to discipline her," Joana explained, hoping that Nick would speak up and defend her. When he did the opposite, her heart sunk.

"That's true Jo. You know that," he muttered quietly and she flinched.

"I can't, not after everything," she squeaked.

He sighed, rubbing her arm. "Then she'll grow up thinking that rules don't apply to her and get herself into even bigger troubles with the world. Is that what you want for her?"

"No," Joana shook her head in denial. That definately wasn't what she wanted.

"Well then, you need to step up as her mother. Stop coddling her. She's in school already, she's not a baby anymore. If you don't want to do it, then I will but you can't go and sympathise with her after she gets into trouble or it'll just undermine everything. Understand?"