the help

word count:1067

I was already seated in my seat, getting ready to do my warm up when I saw him. A tall, tan, brunette boy walk into class with just the cutest smile and tightest of jeans on. When I looked up my jaw instantly dropped and I couldn't stop my self from staring. He gave me a smile and went to his seat.
He must have been new because i've never seen him before. "Alright everyone we have new student in the class,Calum Hood" my teacher said pointing over to the beautiful boy I had just seen. "now everyone take out your books, we are doing silent reading for the rest of class" My teacher says as she makes her way to her desk and reads a book of her own. I grabbed "The Help" out of my backpack and flipped to a random paged and acted like I was reading. I fucking hate reading. But I couldn't get the new kid out of my head, I look up at him and we made eye contact and he immediately looked down back into his book which he obviously wasn't reading either. Was he staring at me? I continue to admire the new kid, the way he would every now and again take his right hand and drag through his hair to fix it, but it would never stay or when he would tap his fingers on the desk and his head would start bobbing and you could just tell he had a really good song stuck in his head and when-"(y/n)! read!" my thoughts admittedly get interrupted.I look down and back up and me and Calum make eye contact again, but only this time he gave me a quick smile so I decided to flash one right back at him. I look down back into the book that I wasn't reading. Was he thinking about me like how I was thinking about him? I mean I know he's just the cute new student that I seem to really like without even talking to him and knowing he would never like me back let alone have me in his thoughts, but something seemed different. Suddenly the bell rings for next period. I get up and through my book in my backpack and through it over my shoulder to leave for my next and when I enter the hallway I hear an unfamiliar voice "The Help huh?" I look around and noticed it was the boy i've been staring at the whole class period, I got butterflies in my stomach, but I tried to play it off, " Um yeah. I don't know, I wasn't actually reading it. it was some book I grabbed from my moms office. I think she's using it for her book club or some shit" I ramble. I always ramble ESPECIALLY when i'm nervous. " Oh that's funny my moms reading it right now too" Calum responds with. "imagine she joined my moms book club" I say jokingly and Calum laughed back "imagine". Oh my god his laugh was adorable. "anyway this is my next class" I say pointing to the class we are about to pass. "maybe I can catch you later" Calum says "Yeah maybe" I respond as I walk into my next period.

~after school~

I get home from school after another same old day of school, I plop on the couch. "honey, how was
school" my mom yells from the kitchen "boring"
I yell back as I stand up and make my way over to her in the kitchen. " what are you making?" I ask her "some finger sandwiches and dip for the book club this evening" my mom answers in a very peppy tone,she's must be very excited for book club or something because usually she isn't this happy. " oh speaking of book club-"
"mom i'm not going to ur book club" I say cutting her off while grabbing a chip . "not what I was going to say. What I meant to say before being cut off was there is a new member joining named joy and she has a boy and he's in your grade" my eyes widen and I coughed and slightly choked on my chip.Oh my god it couldn't Calum's mom, right? Right!? " I forget his name, something like Calvin or Camden? I don't know something like that, but um since you're both in the same grade Joy thought it would be a good idea to bring him since he is new to town and she wants him to make new friends" My mom continues as i'm choking on another chip, " HE IS COMING OVER?!" I yell "uh yes? why? do you know him?" my mom asked very worryingly "yES. I look ugly!" I respond "oh my god dear, you have an hour you can get ready" my mom says, but before she can finish her sentence I ran up the stairs and straight to my bedroom to look at least decent for Calum, not that he would care or anything. I throw on makeup as best as I could and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a random white shirt from my closet and just before I knew it the doorbell was ringing. My heart fell to my feet, hoping it wasn't them so I could have a few minutes to gather my self up, but nope of course they are the first ones to show up to the book club. I stay in bedroom and wait for my mom to call me downstairs, but after a few minutes of waiting she never did. I hear two knocks on my bedroom door and see you slightly crack open.The talk brunette boy peaks his head into my room and then walked in "imagine if your mom joined my moms book club" Calum mocks me from the earlier conversation we had at school. "listen I didn't think she actually joined it" I say as I get up my from my bed since I was laying down. "Well gives me more excuses to see you" Calums states which just makes my heart flutter, "Is that so?" I sort of laugh trying to ignore the sexual tension that just filled the room. We both start getting really close to each other,anticipating a kiss when all of a sudden I get called down stairs. Great.