beside you

word count:1063

It was the day of Calum leaving for their first world tour

It was the day of Calum leaving for their first world tour. Don't get me wrong, you're  insanely proud of him and who he has grown into the past years of dating him, but letting go of someone was hard and especially hard when neither of you wanted it to end, it was just inevitable.

You walked into Calum's house uninvited, but still welcomed.Walking up the stairs to his bedroom, You could hear the sound of rustling of clothes and zippers zipping and the moving of a suitcase, that noise alone could make you tear up just knowing what follows along not to long after that. You leaned up against his door frame and watched for a few seconds, taking in the fact that he's actually packing to leave for what will feel like forever.

"Who invited you here?" Calum says while looking at you for a split second and continuing his packing. You both follow that question with a forced chuckle, it was funny, but the couple was still upset over the fact that he has leave.

You walked over to him ignoring the question and wrapped my body around the backside of his. Taking in his smell and holding him as tight as You could without squeezing him to death. You let out a big sigh before he unhooked your arms from him so he could turn around and look at you. He cupped your face making you bring your chin up and look him in the eyes.

"Are we just not gonna talk or-?" Calum lets out trying to lighten the bitter mood.

"eh, I just wanted to stare at your pretty face for the rest of the day" you say cutting him off through a small smile that hurt to even make because of how upset you were feeling. You haven't cried yet, but oh boy you knew the tears were coming soon.

"Well someone's gotta have one" Calum says looking you dead in the eye trying to be serious. your relationship with Calum was never romantic, you both make harsh jabs back and forth to each other, obviously meaning nothing of it. That's how you both communicated through jokes and sarcasm. You hated the idea of a cliche boyfriend, you beat cliche, which I guess kinda sounds cliche in its self. Calum always had a romantic side and a soft spot, but he doesn't know you now that, He wants you to believe he's "Tough as nails" and "Hardcore" but we all know he's a little bit of a hopeless romantic.Which is cute.

You make my way over to his bed and make my self comfortable. You slid your vans off and set them under the bed to be out of the way so you could sit Indian style on his bed. Calum never really cared about shoes on the bed, well obviously he was a boy, but you always took them off anyway to be respectful. You sat there for a few moments, staring down at your lap, sort of blanking out into space.

"what are you thinking about?" Calum asks while finishing up packing up and moving his suitcase to the floor so he's able to sit by you. Calum could read you like a book so he could just tell when something was off.

"nothing" you sigh trying to brush off the pain my heart was feeling

"Okay it's not nothing" He states sorta of sternly. He moves his body to be directly in front of you because he knew you wouldn't look him in the eye any other way. He presses his index finger under your chin to try and raise your head to make you look at him. It didn't work, you forced your chin back down and let out the words that caused a waterfall of tears.

"I don't want you to leave" You instantly break out in hysterics. You felt so vulnerable, so week. You crashed your head into Calum's chest causing his big arms to engulf your body.

"shh I know, I know, I don't want to leave either" Calum stated trying to confront you when you knew he was hurting just as much.

hours later: Calums in the plane (Calum's POV)
These lyrics I just couldn't seem to get out of my brain. I don't have the tune of the song, but these lyrics are perfect I know they are. I pulled out my journey out of my carry on and started jotting these lyrics as fast as the lines were coming to me.

Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
Suddenly words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
Don't ever leave, she said to me
When we both fall asleep, underneath the same sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
Can you hear me?
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
Another day, and I'm somewhere new
I made a promise that I'll come home soon
Bring me back, bring me back to you
When we both wake up underneath the same sun
And time stops, I wish that I could rewind
So close but so far away
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
There are pieces of us both
Under every city light
And the shining as we fade into the night
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you
She lies awake
Beside you
I wish I was, I wish I was
She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was

--------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:
i hate that last bit where i had to skip to calum on the plane ride because it's doesn't seem very "professional" but i felt like i had to had the lyrics of beside you somewhere so i just added that last little blurb. also fun fact this imagine have been in the works for like 4 months now and i'm sure it's horrible i just knew it was going to be a pain in the ass to finish ALSO it was supposed to be based off of wherever you are and it's been titled that for months , but i didn't want to make them break
up so i said fuck it and made it beside you inspired lmao.