Chapter Six

06. A Tried Confession

Magdelena woke up and was shocked to find herself in Gaius's chambers, Gaius was standing there making some concoction. Magdelena quickly froze and looked around the room trying to find where Trevor was, "He won't bother you anymore," Gaius says looking at her from over his glasses before going back to his books, "Merlin burnt the Mandrake root."

"How is Uther?" she asks standing from her bed and walking over to stand in front of him.

"The King will be fine," Gaius says, "How are you? You have gone through quite the ordeal."

"I will be better when things go back to normal," she says, "Perhaps I will go check Uther's chambers for some chores. Thank you, Gaius." She kisses his cheek before leaving the chambers and going to Uther's chambers, shocked to find Morgana on all fours looking under the bed, Magdelena assumed for the Mandrake root.

"Have you lost something, My Lady?" her voice caused Morgana to jump as she climbs away standing as she smiles at the other woman.

"My earring. I thought I might have dropped it when I was in here yesterday," Morgana says with a small smile at her before turning to look at Uther, "How is he?"

"Gaius says much better," Magdelena says, "They found the source of his sickness. He was being enchanted."

"Enchanted," Morgana says thought it sounded like she was unsure, probably scared of being caught red-handed.

"You need not worry, My Lady," Magdelena says smiling softly at the woman, "Gaius says he'll make a full recovery."

"That is a relief."

"It is," Magdelena says watching Morgana as she walked out of the chambers, before looking around the room to find it was well kept while she was unable to work. She heads back walking through the halls she sees some knights who looked warn out walk past her with small nods and tired smiles. She watches them go before making her way toward the grand hall where she was sure a meeting was being held.

She made her way through the door behind the thrones just as she had when she was tasked with walking the dogs for the Prince when Merlin was being overworked, "We must prepare the city for siege." She hears Arthur say she was rather confused on who was attacking Camelot, it has never been taken by any army.

"Are you sure that is wise?" Leon's voice asks she was unable to see them or risk being seen by the members of the council, the knights or the Prince himself.

"The castle is our strongest weapon. No army has ever taken Camelot," Arthur's voice was strong and sure as he spoke he sounded like a King.

"But what about the people in the outlying villages?" Leon asks concerned for the people was clear in his voice as he spoke.

"Give them refuge within the city walls." 

"And what of their houses, their livelihoods?" Leon asks the Prince, "Cenred will destroy everything in his path."

"But they will have their lives. Go. Ready the army," the meeting ended and everyone left, except Arthur who sat on the throne for a moment longer.

"You sounded like a King," she says, she moves closer to see him sit up and look around the room but never behind him, "At least we know that should the occasion arise you are up to the test." She walks from behind him a hand on the top of the wooden throne as she walks around keeping her hand there as she leans down to his side smiling.

"Mags, where did you come from?" he asks and she just smirks not giving up her secret making him smile a bit, "I am glad to see you back to your old self once again."

"Well enchantments of the brain are terrible things," she says moving away from him, "I apologize for any trouble I may have caused you. You had your father to worry about and didn't need me screaming things to add to your troubles. Not that I am assuming you added me to your trouble, just that I am trouble."

"My father had everyone in Camelot to worry over him," he says still sitting on the throne, "I was more than willing to spare the time to worry over you. Will you come to my chambers later? Before everything breaks loose and everything is jumbled?"

"Of course Sire," she says bowing a bit before walking from the throne room, his eyes on her figure until she was out in the hall. A bit longer then he followed leaving the hall and Merlin comes to walk beside him. 

Later as they prepare for the army Arthur sits in his chambers waiting, there was a small knock on the door and Magdelena pops her head. He stands and walks to her allowing her to enter smiling as he shuts the door, "Well Sire what is it you needed me-" she was pulled into a hug making her freeze, "Sire?" 

"Please Mags, I don't know if I am going to live through this," he says and she pulls out from his embrace and looks him right in the eyes.

"You are going to live through this Arthur Pendragon," she says pointing at him and poking his chest a few times, "I mean that. I will not let you die." 

"Mags I-" 

"I should go, Sire," she says moving away from him and out of the chambers, before going to find her way to Gaius who was meant to be with all the people from the lower town. She was watching the people who were whispering things, and Gaius who seemed to be keeping an eye out for someone probably Morgana or at least she hoped it was. 

Everything happens quickly, the small battle for Camelot begins, Magdelena can feel the people losing their life and heading to the spirit world. She watches the people helping them get settled wishing she was able to fight, or that magic was legal and she could just kill Cenred's arming with a glance. 

Magdelena was helping Gaius watch Morgana when she felt a pull, someone was summoning her. She allowed herself to be pulled away by it, no one really taking notice in her absence except Gaius who turned to say something and lost sight of Morgana for a moment.