Chapter Seventeen

17. So It Begins

The blonde woman stayed silent as she walked next to the brunette once they were far away enough from the door that Morgause wasn't worried that Cenred would try to eavesdrop. Magdelena stepped from the woman's grasp, "What is it you want Morgause?" Magdelena asks with a cold tone.

"I thought we could sit enjoy a cup of tea and catch up before we get to business," Morgause says with her soft smile which once confused Magdelena but now she held first, "What is wrong my dear?" 

"Our last parting didn't go well Morgause," she reminds the high priestess, "Now I would like to start whatever it is you are asking for your favor sooner rather than later."

Morgause stares at the girl sadly, "Very well," she says leading the other woman to a chamber locked with magic, that only Morgause and probably Morgana are allowed to enter should Morgana ever come here that is, "I want you to go fetch me the Eye of Ardon. A precious gem which will help me in my quest."

"You would ask me to betray my beliefs and brother for your own personal gain," Magdelena snaps at her angerly, "I guess people really don't change." 

"You can't expect me to give up this gem for Merlin," Morgause says shaking her head, "That boy has caused me more trouble than any servant I have encountered. He is extremely loyal, something I would kill to have on my side."

"What about me? You will force me to betray my family? The only friends I really have? For what?" Magdelena asks staring at Morgause, "I am unsure who is bringing out this side of you, or if this is the real you. The charming one I trained with would never do this, the woman who sacrificed her name to help me change the future."

"Can I not be both?" Morgause asks going to step forward but Magdelena takes a step back shaking her head. 

"I will go and bring the Eye to you. But after that," Magdelena says Morgause looks at her a bit hopefull, "the next time we meet we will be enemies."

"Magdelena how can you say that?" Morgause asks, "You can't really mean that."

"You have turned Morgana evil, you have attacked Camelot and my brother," Magdelena says, "You knocked me out and kept me from helping on two separate occasions. Those are not things friends do!"

"What about teaching you the ways of the Old Religion?" Morgause asks gently, "Or how to use a sword? The picnic we almost had? Are those things friends do."

"You were doing that to try and turn me again everyone again!" Magdelena says growing a little annoyed sending cold blasts from her out through the castle. She took some deep breaths closing her eyes for a moment calming down before her eyes opened and she looked at Morgause, "I will return when I have the Eye. I will return to Camelot to pack for the trip." 

Magdelena disappears from in front of Morgause, she reappears outside the castle and she walks to the ocean not shocked to find Gilthunder looking out at the ocean. She walks up beside him placing a gentle hand on his neck, "We shall return to Camelot, then leave tomorrow."

'What is her favor?' Gilthunder asks while she climbs on his back.

"We must get the Eye of Ardon," Gilthunder didn't know what the gem was which made Magdelena a little cautious of the gem since Gilthunder was rather knowing in magical objects and things of that sort, "First back to Camelot. I must prepare for anything, if Morgause wants it, it can't be good."

They arrived back at Camelot as the sun was beginning to slip up over the horizon, she put Gilthunder back in his stall with some freshwater and some grains and hay before running back to the chambers. By the time she arrived the sun was half-way showing and Gaius was beginning to stir, she ran to her shelf and began to look through them trying to find something about the Eye of Ardon. 

"Ah, Maggie your back," Gaius says but she doesn't say anything just goes through her books, "Maggie what are you looking for?" She had reached the last book by this time and threw it down on her bed with a quiet thud before turning to Gaius.

"Have you ever heard of the Eye of Ardon?" Gaius looks at her taken back a small amount of fear in his eyes at the sound of the name, "You have! What is it?"

"It is claimed to be the demon Ardon. A man who sold his body to a demon for power to claim a woman he loved. But the demon tricked him and once he was in the man's body the demon was able to perform wicked deeds," Gaius says rubbing his head as he spoke as if the story alone was cause for nervousness. He walks to the small kitchen and begins breakfast, "The man was able somehow able to trick the demon and put his soul into the gem which is called the Eye of Ardon."

"Why would the sorcerer I owe a favor to not only send me but also want with this thing?" Magdelena asks looking at Merlin's door to make sure he wasn't awake and or listening.

"There are said to be many trials to be able to pocess the Eye," Gaius explains, "And if you are powerful enough one is able to turn the demon into raw magic energy. Giving a person or an object enough power to do almost anything. I fear what would happen if the sorcerer you give it to has planed with such an object."

"Perhaps I can trick them. Give them a fake while I hide the real one somewhere it won't be bother again," Magdelena says. 

"We can hope if that happens it will fade from the minds of everyone," Gaius says, he goes to say more but the back room door opens and Merlin comes out looking tired as usual. He attempts a smile at his sister hugging her a bit akwardly before going to the table waiting for some breakfast which was being made by Gaius.

Magdelena goes and tends to Uther before hurrying back to Gaius glad to see he was alone, "Now I need a cover for leaving, mostly with Merlin," Magdelena says, "I can just tell Uther I have to go take care of something and I will return as soon as I can."

"Have you thought of telling Merlin the truth?" Gaius asks curiously.

"It is a thought but I fear he will try to come with me," Magdelena says before a smirk appears on her face, "Unless I tell him I plan to leave tomorrow but leave tonight." 

"That could work but be prepared for a long lecture when you return," Gaius says making her chuckle as she knew how Merlin who react to being left behind but he needed to keep the Prince safe.