Chapter Twenty-Six

26. Gilthunder and Gwaine

Kilgarrah informed her that before they found each other, he was flying and saw a familiar-looking horse which may have been her heading west. After Kilgharrah doubled checked her wounds, new and old, she was able to leave. She changed back into the clothes she had started the quest in finding them more comfortable than the complete leather ensemble. With her two swords back on her, she was more than prepared to find her horse. 

Baxton ran ahead a few miles checking for bandits, or kidnappers or trouble, or signs of Gilthunder. There was nothing as they headed almost to the other side of the continent, having taken two weeks as she ran through the forests, hoping to find signs of her horse. 

She was about to give up hope, having just sent Baxton out to look and was expecting the normal news that there was no sign of him. But Baxton arrived barking like crazy saying that there were men at the tavern talking about selling a horse, but there was no sign of Gilthunde in the stables of the tavern, "Lead the way," she tells Baxton who takes off running and she follows behind him, jumping over roots or the few rocks which got in her way.

She watched from her spot on the edge of the forest, it was a tavern in the middle of nowhere there was no town near or around it. Horses were in the stables tended to fully but no sign of Gilthunder. Growling at that she makes her way into the tavern, it was warm compared to the cold night air outside. The sounds of laughter and drunken stories didn't stop at the newcomer, their red cloak hood was up, hiding Magdelena's face from the crowd. 

She pretended to look around at the few empty seats while she found the man who was smirking while talking to another man who looked a bit taken back. They whispered in hushed tones as she strutted up to the table sitting down next to the smug one, "Young sir this table is being used," he says trying to be polite but Magdelena doesn't move or speak, "Take it somewhere else!" 

"You are selling a horse you have stolen from me," she says kicking her legs up on the table, "I want to know when you plan on returning him to me."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I have a black horse sold to me by a Mason," the guys says smirking as he confirmed that it was her horse he has.

"I hope you were already paid," she says making him confused, "I gutted him two weeks past, he tried to kill me. I thought it fair to return the favor."

"You killed my biggest supplier!" the man hisses making her chuckle throwing her hood back showing her ember eyes, and red-brown hair falling down in long waves. 

"Yes of people he has kidnapped and held prisoner under a spell," she says with the same amount of venom he just gave her, "Now tell me where my horse is and I will let you live."

"Look, girl, I have already paid for the black stallion," the guy across the table says making her turn a harsh glare at him. 

"Well, you better get your money back," she says removing her feet from the table and leaning forward, "Cause I am leaving with the horse whether I have to steal it back from you." 

"I will have the knights on you faster than you could steal him," the man says smugly making her chuckle. 

"Bartender!" she calls out making the room go quiet, "These men have just offered to pay for the rest of night for everyone's drinks! A round for everyone!" the crowd cheered as the two men looked taken back as she went to stand but was pulled back by the man she had been sitting next to.

"You are going to pay for those drinks!" his growls pushing a dagger into her ribs making her smirk, "I don't care how but you're paying us back."