Chapter Seven

07. Morgause, Magdelena and Morgana

Morgause was slightly shocked at how Magdelena looked when she arrived over their summoning circle. Her hair had grown long reach past her butt to her knees put into two curly ponytails on either side of her head, a silver circlet hung around her head with a large black gem in the center with a teardrop over each eye and in the center of her forehead down her nose. Her eyes were black around and for a moment it seemed the ink was growing as it cracked along the bottom part. 

Her eyes like a fire with her eyelashes catching the embers which came from her eyes. Her dress was mostly black made of tule with white and grey mixed in as she floated above the circle which held her mark in the center, "What have you done Morgause?

"Magdelena have you met Cenred?" the blonde asks the woman who turned to stare at the bearded man with long brown hair which just went to his shoulders.

"Answer my question Morgause what have you done?" her voice was cold and harsh as she spoke, "I know you have lead Morgana down a path of darkness."

"We did not summon her here for her to ask us questions," the king snaps making her head snap to look at him with a harsh glare. She lowers herself from the floor and lands softly feeling the grass on her bare feet.

"Have care how you speak King or not you have threatened Camelot and I will not stand for that," she snaps angerly at the man before turning back to Morgause, "Not tell me why have you summoned me."

"I am just biding time until my plan comes true," Morgause says Magdelena looks at the woman pain was clear in her eyes as she stared at the woman in the red dress. 

"Once I would have gladly followed you anywhere," Magdelena was using a normal voice which slightly shocked the King who stood with them, "Once I would have gladly bowed at your feet and took on your cause. But Morgause can you not see that what you are doing is folly?"

"How can you say that!? Uther is using you for your powers and I wish to put the true heir on the throne! Morgana will rule with the gentleness and fairness that I have seen in her," Morgause says staring at the woman who was still in front of her, "A world with true peace where magic is treasured not shunned."

"Morgana is no longer the gentle girl you met a year ago. You have twisted her into something evil," Magdelena says, "Her reign is not meant to be. Have you heard the prophecies of Arthur? His reign will bring a new world upon us, but for him to do that you must stop trying to kill him and his father. And using magic for evil only pushes Uther's ideals on him. Can you not see you are not helping but making it worse!"

"Why must you fight me on this? Why can you not bow down before me?" Morgause asks staring at the woman softly as she steps forward, "Stand at my side, help me turn Morgana'd reign into one better than that of Arthur's."

"Do not summon me again Morgause. I don't want to hurt you but if you leave me no choice," Magdelena says staring at the women, "I will hurt you." She goes to disappear but Morgause grabs her hand pulling her from the summoning circle.

"I can not allow you to leave unless you are on my side Maggie," Morgause whispers in her ear, "Just think of joining me. Together everyone that fears you will bow before you as a mighty sorceress, give them something to truly fear."

"I do not want people to fear me Morgause!" snapped Magdelena trying to get out of her grip but she held on tightly, "Now release me." 

"Not until Camelot is mine," Morgause says as a sudden wave of magic come over Magdelena, and she turns to Morgause with a hard glare, which suddenly softens before she turns to Morgause. Cenred watched with fascination as the woman who as in black and quite honestly scared him but fascinated him as well smiled at Morgause before grabbing Morgause.

Not sure what to expect he placed his hand on the hilt of his sword as Magdelena grabbed Morgause and brought her into a kiss. Cenred's eyes went wide as he watched Morgause relax in her place, before her grip on the young girl was gone as she went to grasp the hair of the other, but at that moment he heard the darkly dresses woman Maggie whisper, "Sorry." before she was gone and Morgause stood there both angered and sad as she realized the woman's trick.

"This will be added trouble, she may be able to control the army of the dead for her own," Morgause says before they begin to make their way from the edge of the forest toward their target castle. 

Magdelena forgetting to change runs through the halls searching for Merlin hoping he was somewhere near the army of the dead, thought half of her also wished he wasn't, and Arthur. She runs through the castle stopping as she looks into a room to see Morgana with the Rowan Staff, the one that brought the dead back to life.

She enters looking at Morgana, "What has Morgause done to you, Morgana?" she asks Morgana looks at her with a confused look, not recognizing her, "What happened to the caring girl who cared for her maid like a friend but was smart enough to know when to hold your tongue against Uther?"

"Morgause opened my eyes! Arthur will be just like our father!" Morgana snaps at the woman, "Who are you anyway?"

"Morgana, you must understand that what you are doing in wrong, how will using magic to overthrow Camelot make Arthur see magic is a force for good more so than one of evil?" her question made Morgana look a bit hesitant, "Come on Morgana this isn't you, Morgause has poisoned you just like she has me."

"That is my sister!" Morgana snapped Magdelena held up her hands hoping to get her to calm down, "Who do you think you are coming here, claiming to know me!? Claiming to know Morgause!"

"Really look at me Morgana, I am sure it will come to you," Magdelena pauses as Morgana studies her before her eyes widen, "Nice to meet you, Morgana, formally."

"Magdelena? But how?" Morgana asks staring at her Magdelena goes to speak but she could feel the skeletons growing closer and closer to the knights and the Prince. 

"Please Morgana you must put an end to this, I know how Morgause plays her game," Magdelena says before turning from the room, "If you are my friend you will keep my secret if you're not, tell whoever you want." Morgana watches as Magdelena disappears from her spot at the doorway as her words rang through her head on repeat.